Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for a Monster Axis and Fallow

Posted By: gaharris

Looking for a Monster Axis and Fallow - 03/03/13 01:39 PM

I am looking for a Monster Axis Buck, 36-40" class with mass! and a Really big Fallow.
I would be rifle hunting the Axis and my son would like to bow hunt a big Fallow this year.
We are looking to find a hunt for this summer. I am not exactly sure when Fallow are fully hard horned, I believe most of the Axis should be hard horned around June.
Let me know what you have but please, have what you say you will have.
Posted By: Cavemanwildlife

Re: Looking for a Monster Axis and Fallow - 03/03/13 04:00 PM

June is a great time to hunt Axis but you'll have to wait until September to hunt Fallow unless you go after one now before they drop their horns for the year. I have a Monster Chocolate Fallow right now and some really good Axis that will be ready in a couple of months, however guaranteeing/finding a 36"+ Axis will be a tough challenge for any Ranch before they grow out...even then those are very very rare.

Re: Looking for a Monster Axis and Fallow - 03/03/13 04:53 PM

I know the axis is hard to find that big, I have been trying for last couple of years. Lots of places say they have them but when I get there they don't
Thanks for the heads up on the Fallow time frame I wasn't sure when they were fully developed
Posted By: AllAboutExotics

Re: Looking for a Monster Axis and Fallow - 03/03/13 09:43 PM

Double Shot Outfitters (Adam Batot - (956) 792-6460) has this guy available to hunt soon on one of their ranches. A true giant!

Porter's Exotics in Flynn, Tx ALWAYS has monster axis & fallow also. Fallow will be "hunt-ready" later in the year. Contact CP Wade @ 979-587-1024.
Posted By: txbowhunt7

Re: Looking for a Monster Axis and Fallow - 03/04/13 12:58 AM

if anybody shoots this guy, definitely POST PICS!
Posted By: fatboyoutdoors

Re: Looking for a Monster Axis and Fallow - 03/04/13 01:39 AM

I don't have the axis, but some great fallow...this is from today.
Posted By: huntnguide83

Re: Looking for a Monster Axis and Fallow - 03/04/13 01:42 AM

Thanks Craig. You're correct on our axis as well. I have 2-3 bucks that look identical to what's pictured above right now. I'm not
Going to guarantee a 36" plus but we should have some
That will scare it with great tine length. Last year we didn't take a buck under 33" and the biggest was 36-1/2" and 32"wide. Feel free to PM me or call me anytime and we can discuss the hunt details. Would love to have you at the ranch.

Re: Looking for a Monster Axis and Fallow - 03/04/13 04:59 PM

I sure would like to see photos of this particular buck or the other ones that look like him once they get hard horned.
Like everyone, I am looking for height, widith and mass. I want a true monster Axis buck

C.P. Wade, I sure would like to see any photos you have now and a little later once they are grown out
Thanks
Gary
Posted By: BBD84

Re: Looking for a Monster Axis and Fallow - 03/04/13 05:25 PM

CP i got these 3 on my phone, Here are 3 bucks from porters and these pics were taken over 6 weeks ago and still growing out and should be very very nice when they rub out in a couple months
Posted By: Curtis

Re: Looking for a Monster Axis and Fallow - 03/04/13 05:40 PM

I guess I will show one as well. This was taken a month ago or so. I haven't taken another picture of him yet.

popcorn

[img:center]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...nt=1&ref=nf[/img]
Posted By: huntnguide83

Re: Looking for a Monster Axis and Fallow - 03/04/13 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Curtis
I guess I will show one as well. This was taken a month ago or so. I haven't taken another picture of him yet.

popcorn

[img:center]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...nt=1&ref=nf[/img]

Looking good curtis. That's a yard stick buck. Great width on him.

Re: Looking for a Monster Axis and Fallow - 03/04/13 08:16 PM

Curtis, sure is wide, any more photos by chance?
Posted By: Curtis

Re: Looking for a Monster Axis and Fallow - 03/04/13 08:59 PM

Nope. I don't see him too often. He should be rubbing out this month. I don't have a lot of time to spend out there with my camera anymore. That one picture will have to do. I may have a few others of him with that herd when I took that photo. I have the first couple of people that booked early with me that will get first crack at him. If they are not lucky to get him, I can get in contact with you then. I will want $2150 for an axis hunt.
Posted By: Mike Garcia

Re: Looking for a Monster Axis and Fallow - 03/04/13 09:06 PM

Good price Curtis!
Posted By: Lever Action Jackson

Re: Looking for a Monster Axis and Fallow - 03/09/13 03:23 AM

Hey if anyone comes across any axis sheds, I am always in the market. Small or large quanties. I make hand forged grilling tools with axis handles. Always in the need.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum