Texas Hunting Forum

Another Nilgai Thread. King Ranch?

Posted By: Oldpaint

Another Nilgai Thread. King Ranch? - 02/24/13 05:12 PM

I am taking 4 people. Has anyone hunted the King Ranch? Yturria? Or any other place that is highly recommended. I would like lodging, if possible.

I have heard they hunt differently on each one. High rack truck vs. spot and stalk?
Posted By: gaharris

Re: Another Nilgai Thread. King Ranch? - 02/25/13 12:30 AM

Yturria, is hunted by an outfitter named All Seasons Guide Service, Mike Powell. I just completed a hunt there this past week.
Some scouting via high rack but all hunting is walking, spot & stalk. Great ranch, lots of Nilgai and great guides.
Lodging was at the LaQuinta in Raymondville. No lodging on this ranch but the hunting is super.
Posted By: Eland Slayer

Re: Another Nilgai Thread. King Ranch? - 02/25/13 03:20 AM

Originally Posted By: gaharris
Yturria, is hunted by an outfitter named All Seasons Guide Service, Mike Powell. I just completed a hunt there this past week.
Some scouting via high rack but all hunting is walking, spot & stalk. Great ranch, lots of Nilgai and great guides.
Lodging was at the LaQuinta in Raymondville. No lodging on this ranch but the hunting is super.

The Yturria is also hunted by Wildlife Systems, Inc.....and L&L Hunting Services (I believe).
Posted By: Roo Basher

Re: Another Nilgai Thread. King Ranch? - 02/25/13 04:50 AM

I am saving for a combo 2 nilgai, 2 management bucks and 2 javelina on one of those ranches.

Re: Another Nilgai Thread. King Ranch? - 02/25/13 06:27 AM

what's the fees on that?
Posted By: gaharris

Re: Another Nilgai Thread. King Ranch? - 02/25/13 03:18 PM

Eland Slayer, you may be right, I may have gotten their ranch name wrong but it is something very much like that name and the only guys who hunt it that I know about is the All Season's crew.
It is located on the east side of 77 and about 5 miles north of Raymondville
Posted By: poisonivie

Re: Another Nilgai Thread. King Ranch? - 02/25/13 03:26 PM

WSI has a lodge on the Yturria. I've hunted there twice and its a first class operation
Posted By: TxAg

Re: Another Nilgai Thread. King Ranch? - 02/25/13 03:51 PM

I have hunted the King quite a bit, nearly all on the Norias division where most of the Nilgai hunting is done. I was not hunting as paying customer, but rather on our own as an employee.
So, I can't comment on how the paid hunters are treated. I have heard both good and bad. Some folks say they felt rushed, that the guides wouldn't let the hunters leave the truck, etc. I don't know for sure on that.

What I can say is that hunting down in Norias is incredible. The range management, light cattle stocking, and wildlife improvement down there has resulted in an incredible ecosystem. There is simply no comparison, and as you drive the fence lines the difference between the King side and neighbor side is drastic. You will see a ton of wildlife, and probably more variety than you are used to. Depending on what pasture you are in, you might see some rare landscapes as well. There are super thick oak mottes, giant sand dunes that go on for a mile or more, etc.

Simply said, it's an experience.

And, if you go when the bucks are in antler you just might see some giant deer as well.

PM me if you want some more info.
Posted By: Roo Basher

Re: Another Nilgai Thread. King Ranch? - 02/25/13 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Oldpaint
what's the fees on that?

About $4900, for a management buck and a nilgai here's a link. So double that I guess.

http://www.kingranchhunting.com/index.php/booking/nilgai-hunting

I personally like big 8's so that's why I want to go there.

Re: Another Nilgai Thread. King Ranch? - 02/27/13 05:06 AM

Has anyone hunted the King Ranch with their guide services. Sounds like the Yturria gets more action.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum