Texas Hunting Forum

Trophy Water Buffalo (Bow or Gun)

Posted By: Rickey Hunt

Trophy Water Buffalo (Bow or Gun) - 10/20/11 02:25 PM

We are offering a trophy Water Buffalo hunt. We are a bow hunting only ranch, but with this bull we would make some exceptions. You could use your rifle if you would like. This bull is massive in horns and body size. You don't realize how big the horns are until you put your hands on them. He is the sub species River Water Buffalo. They are the biggest of all the Water Buffalo. He should be a shoe in for the #1 archery for the year and probably would be with rifle also. The meat is some of the healthiest meat there is. We rarely eat beef any more just because we raise these animals. Check out the USDA fact sheet in comparison with beef.
92% less fat than beef
45% less calories than beef
67% less cholesterol than beef
11-30% more protein than beef
10% more minerals than beef

For the trophy and how much meat you get, we consider this is the cheapest hunt we offer. The price $2000

Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Trophy Water Buffalo (Bow or Gun) - 10/20/11 02:30 PM

Let me ask a dumb question if you don't mind. Will he have the bosses across the top of his head like the African Buffalo? I can't tell by the photo. Hes an awesome looking animal.

Posted By: Mike Garcia

Re: Trophy Water Buffalo (Bow or Gun) - 10/20/11 02:33 PM

Sure would be a awesome hunt with a bow!

Posted By: Eland Slayer

Re: Trophy Water Buffalo (Bow or Gun) - 10/20/11 02:47 PM

Originally Posted By: elkhunter49
Let me ask a dumb question if you don't mind. Will he have the bosses across the top of his head like the African Buffalo? I can't tell by the photo. Hes an awesome looking animal.

No.....Water Buffalo do not have bosses.

Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Trophy Water Buffalo (Bow or Gun) - 10/20/11 02:55 PM

Thank you Wade

Posted By: Hunt Wicked Close TV

Re: Trophy Water Buffalo (Bow or Gun) - 10/20/11 03:26 PM

Holy Smokes what a beast!!!

Posted By: bu2herndog

Re: Trophy Water Buffalo (Bow or Gun) - 10/20/11 08:19 PM

Man what a hoss. Wish I had the funds, would love to take out a water buffalo with my bow.

Posted By: Hughiam

Re: Trophy Water Buffalo (Bow or Gun) - 10/20/11 10:28 PM

That is a great price on that bull. The one pictured below was $4000.00 here in TX. This one is is slightly different as you can see by the horns, but about the same size. This one is the same as the ones hunted in Australia and I believe the one offered on this thread is an Argentine.

Either way, they are HUGE! The bull I mounted sticks out over 4 feet from the wall.

Good luck selling this hunt!!! Im jealous.

Posted By: Hill Country Hunter

Re: Trophy Water Buffalo (Bow or Gun) - 10/21/11 01:25 AM

Great mount.

Posted By: TxAg

Re: Trophy Water Buffalo (Bow or Gun) - 10/21/11 02:02 AM

Pretty good deal for the amount of beef someone will take home.

Re: Trophy Water Buffalo (Bow or Gun) - 10/21/11 08:24 PM

If someone is interested in the hunt, but doesn't have the room for all the meat, I will let the hunt go for $1700 and I will have the bull processed. I am sure he will butcher out 1000 lbs or more. We killed a much smaller bull last year and got 600 lbs of meat.

Re: Trophy Water Buffalo (Bow or Gun) - 10/25/11 06:12 PM

Here is a bull that was #1 a couple years back. The bull we have has longer horns than this one.

Posted By: hunt3469

Re: Trophy Water Buffalo (Bow or Gun) - 10/27/11 06:49 PM

NICE

Posted By: Roo Basher

Re: Trophy Water Buffalo (Bow or Gun) - 11/10/11 03:01 AM

He's a neat bull, if I was in the States and needed 1000 pounds of meat I'd whack him.

He'd look fine as a skull mount. I had one as a skull mount for years, movers stold it when I moved from Spain to Italy.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum