Texas Hunting Forum

Wanted: 1 dedicated hunter for dream elk trip in November

Posted By: Frostie

Wanted: 1 dedicated hunter for dream elk trip in November - 10/05/11 02:56 PM

I need one dedicated hunter who might like to go on a dream elk trip up in Colordao next month. My son was to be my partner on the trip and he just started a new job and can't get the time off. This is a drop camp elk hunt in West Elk Wilderness near Gunnison, Colorado and is one of the premier sites in the country. It is GMU 54 and they do have over the counter bull elk tags for sale right now. You do need a hunter education card and a Texas card is acceptable. The price for the drop camp is $1700 per person. We will be packed in on horses by West Elk Outfitters on November 3rd and come out on the 11th. I can discuss the other details later. I am in Dallas and prefer someone from this area if possible so we can drive up together and split driving costs. Please contact me by private email.

Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: Wanted: 1 dedicated hunter for dream elk trip in November - 10/05/11 03:26 PM

Sounds like alot of fun!

Posted By: beaucfus

Re: Wanted: 1 dedicated hunter for dream elk trip in November - 10/05/11 09:35 PM

good luck man. i would jump on it, but i booked a different hunt.

Posted By: circlep

Re: Wanted: 1 dedicated hunter for dream elk trip in November - 10/05/11 10:39 PM

Great hunting around Gunnison. I put in for Muzzle loader Mule deer but did not get drawn this year. Better be prepared for snow that late in the year. Everytime I have been in October it has snowed on us.
Good luck!

Re: Wanted: 1 dedicated hunter for dream elk trip in November - 10/06/11 02:39 PM

According to our outfitter they have already had some light brushed of snow and it will help drive the elk down off the higher elevations down towards our camp area which is on middle cow creek. Should be great hunting this year.

Re: Wanted: 1 dedicated hunter for dream elk trip in November - 10/08/11 02:35 PM

I have filled this slot.............thanks anyway everyone.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum