Texas Hunting Forum

Everyone on forums

Posted By: Jared Drzymala

Everyone on forums - 07/17/11 05:06 PM

hi, im new to hunting, i think exotic animals are so nice to watch in the brush and on walls, I have a question and i don't wanna sound dumb, but what the heck is a " Mouflan".

Also i guess a lot of ranch owners or outfitters been trying to sell hunts and y'all been saying saying what the live sell price is, does mean i can just goto a breeder and pay him the live sell price and shoot it in his pen?

Sooner or later ill be trying to find a hunt to go on, and if i say i only wanna pay $1000 for an animal please do not send in a bid for $1500+ BECAUSE is it not in my price range. So if its a dollar over $1000 please don't send me anything.

Thanks looking forward from hearing from everyone

Posted By: Dustin 08

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/17/11 06:04 PM

This us a pick of two mouflan rams.

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/17/11 06:07 PM

are those yours in a pen? how much for a live sell hunt?

Posted By: bu2herndog

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/17/11 06:11 PM

A mouflan is a ram species that has a distinguishing white patch on its side at about mid body. His horns don't curl like your typical black Hawaiian, Texas dall, etc.

I can't answer the question about the live sell price because I wouldn't know.

If you were looking for a hunt in the price range mentioned then I would consider giving Koons Canyon Ranch a look, I have been there twice and taken 2 great animals. Great place, people, and animals. You can't go wrong booking a hunt with them. Good luck in your search.

Posted By: Insight Hunting

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/17/11 06:14 PM

Welcome to hunting and welcome to the forum.

Live sale refers to someone who's buying them and releasing them on the ranch. It's pretty universally considered unethical to shoot them in a pen, although it is done by some. Some hunters even have ethical issues with small acreage and high-fences. Beware of those subjects here because they create lots of drama.

Good luck on your search. I don't do much sheep hunting but there are lots of outfitters here that do. If I run across something for less than $1000, I'll PM you.

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/17/11 06:17 PM

im sorry, but i thought its called "mouflon" is a mouflan a cross or a hybrid of the mouflon?

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/17/11 06:19 PM

No, just variable spellings. I've seen it spelled both ways. You'll see the same thing with Aoudad, Nilgai and other species. They're easy to mis-spell.

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/17/11 06:28 PM

Well the correct name is what then? Im sorry sir, i just wanna know it by the right name so if i ever call on a hunt I know what ill be talking bout and not be taken advantage of.

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/17/11 06:30 PM

I believe the correct spelling is Mouflon (pronounced: Moo-flon). Either spelling has the same pronounciation.

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/17/11 06:37 PM

Thanks mr insight hunting guy, You've been of great help,i dont care what anyone says about you on here.

Posted By: jim1961

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/17/11 08:02 PM

welcome

Posted By: Eland Slayer

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/18/11 01:33 AM

This whole thread smells wierd to me.....

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/18/11 01:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Eland Slayer
This whole thread smells wierd to me.....

Agreed!

Posted By: Rick Welch

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/18/11 01:48 AM

Me too. And for the record, you cannot shoot them out of my pens.

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/18/11 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Rick Welch

Thought that was a weird question to ask as well. Especially on a public forum.

Posted By: Eland Slayer

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/18/11 03:07 AM

Originally Posted By: bu2herndog
Originally Posted By: Rick Welch

Thought that was a weird question to ask as well. Especially on a public forum.

+1

Posted By: heathe

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/18/11 03:23 AM

I think it maybe a young kid????????????????

Posted By: 007007

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/18/11 03:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Youngblood10

Hey Young,
We dont hunt out of a pen.... if thats what your looking for go somewhere else!!! I dont think anyone but you have said a "live sale hunt". They are selling live stock for restocking. This thread is nothing but bait.

Posted By: BMD

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/18/11 03:37 AM

I agree!

Posted By: PappawRock

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/18/11 03:51 AM

It seemed like a tibetan trying to sound like an arab...

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/18/11 05:33 AM

bait? dont get that cuz im not trying to bait anything and hook any of yall, just asking why people would try to sell their hunt for 1500 and say they paid 1250 for that blackbuck, in fact isnt that like saying its a canned hunt u buy and animal drop it into your place and get someone to shoot it? how bout the ranchers that breed on their ranch with a management program?

So what if im a young kid... arent mostve the guides on here trying to make money? if i have lots of money and i wanna spend why would you turn me down?

Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/18/11 05:35 AM

Amen this just seems like bs. Someone screen this guy. If you shoot out of a pen ur not a hunter ur a person who gets his rocks off to some bs

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/18/11 05:52 AM

now where in this post did it say " im bout to go to shoot this buck in this small pen where he is nailing a doe?" no, what i did say was im new to hunting and im asking if they offer that cuz the this little thing here ???? means im asking a question, cuz why would i wanna pay 1250 just to go shopping and pick something out and shoot it

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/18/11 05:56 AM

and what i have heard was a place in mason where there is a 20 ac. ram pen? really now? why dont yall go jump there [censored] also

Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/18/11 06:05 AM

I know the exact ranch ur talking about and imho that's way to much of zoo hunting. And I have a high fenced ranch but its still hunting.

And I'm sorry if I offended you. Just seemed like a loaded post. Can't be to careful with those peta and such b*st*rds. With that said welcome to the forum and hunting.

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/18/11 06:14 AM

peta? never heard of it, and whoever they are you thought i was one of them, you would judge me? now what i wanted to book my first hunt with you? that kind of ruins our relationship here.

Posted By: bigtex46

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/18/11 06:42 AM

Im going with the baited/ peta rep. trying to get some quotes for the next save the poor mistreated animal ralley.

Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/18/11 08:52 AM

Don't feed the troll guys.

Posted By: traviselmore

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/18/11 12:16 PM

When I read the first couple of post yesterday all of this sounded wierd. Who needs to be messaged about reviewing this guys profile. This guy is trying to stur up a hornets nest.

Posted By: RonGleaves

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/18/11 08:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Youngblood10

For the record Youngblood10 these rams belong to me. They are in a 3 acre pen and NO you cannot hunt them. I am a breeder of pure Mouflon sheep and have sold breed stock throughout the United States and Mexico. The two rams in the pic are both very young rams (20 months old) that would make an excellent herd sire for someone. BTW - I don't mind you posting the pic Dustin08.

Posted By: Trozacky

Re: Everyone on forums - 07/18/11 08:18 PM

TROLL!!!!!!!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum