Texas Hunting Forum

THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting.

Posted By: HunterTed

THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/04/11 01:29 AM

There has been some intrest in getting a group hunt together at Three Fingers Bowhunting. I need 5 guys. I have already contacted Ben to see what weekends he has open if you would like to be put on the list please either post here or send me a pm. Also if you will let me know what you might be considering hunting so I can make sure he has it for you.

List of prospective participants.....

1)trapperjustin
2)whirlwind
3)Dustin 08

Posted By: trapperjustin

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/04/11 01:31 AM

what date are ya looking at? im interest in red hinds which i know he has

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/04/11 01:32 AM

As soon as I hear back from him I will post them..

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/04/11 01:48 AM

Ok guys ben just told me to pick a weekend either this month or next month and he would take care of us. So let me know what weekends you can or cant make it and I will see if we can compromise on a weekend

Posted By: stephenme

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/04/11 01:57 AM

what all does he have to offer right now and does he have a price list?

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/04/11 01:58 AM

Right now the best weekends for me are the last weekend of May or any weekend in June. I will just have to switch weekends on call with my other guy if I am scheduled to be on call that weekend in June but it shouldnt be a problem so lets hear it guys and try for a small group hunt.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/04/11 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By: stephenme
what all does he have to offer right now and does he have a price list?

His price list is on his website http://www.threefingersbowhunting.com/

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/04/11 02:02 AM

I have a reply from Dustin 08 about the weekend of June 25th and that works for me I wont set that in stone yet but I will leave that as an option

Posted By: stephenme

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/04/11 02:19 AM

I did not see Axis on his website. You hunted down there this weekend, corret? Did he have any Axis?

Posted By: bu2herndog

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/04/11 02:25 AM

Right now he doesn't have any Axis on his place, but is in the process of trying to acquire some. If I didn't have another getaway/ hunting trip with my wife for some Axis next weekend then I would be down. The guys and I that went down in March are trying to set-up another hunt for next March.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/04/11 02:32 AM

Got confirmation from bweger so thats three of us. For the weekend of June 25th. Like I said this date is not set in stone but its the only one thats been suggested. Lets get three more guys for this hunt. Its going to be a blast.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/04/11 02:34 AM

Originally Posted By: stephenme
I did not see Axis on his website. You hunted down there this weekend, corret? Did he have any Axis?

I saw one Axis doe saturday afternoon. He is trying to build his herd. But there is lots of other stuff to hunt.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/04/11 04:12 AM

Here is the hog I shot last weekend

Posted By: dgilbert

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/04/11 12:28 PM

That is the weekend of Levi's axis hunt, so I know I can't make it. Sorry.

Posted By: traviselmore

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/04/11 01:09 PM

Good looking hog.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/04/11 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By: dgilbert
That is the weekend of Levi's axis hunt, so I know I can't make it. Sorry.

Thats ok bother. You can go back with us in the fall and be there when Wendy shoots her red stag.

Posted By: rsquared

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/04/11 02:18 PM

nice hog.... looks like you got a bit of sunburn going there...

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/04/11 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: rsquared
nice hog.... looks like you got a bit of sunburn going there...

Yes just a little bit.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/04/11 03:59 PM

Only got a couple of spots left guys dont miss out on a fun weekend!

Posted By: Dustin 08

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/04/11 04:01 PM

Hey HunterTed how many more spots do we need to fill.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/04/11 04:31 PM

Well right now the for sures are myself, bweger, passthru, and J.R. And you that makes five. We can take one to two more.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/04/11 04:41 PM

Just for everyones info. My beautiful wonderful wife and wonderful stepdaughters have offered to drive down saturday morning and prepare breakfast for everyone. So breakfast saturday morning is on me and my family!

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/04/11 08:26 PM

4 definates and two maybes. Anyone else want to go.....

Posted By: Bweger

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/04/11 11:42 PM

The longbow is gonna be my weapon of choice this trip. However I will have the Elite just in case

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/05/11 03:04 AM

Two spots left folks. Anyone else wanna join us.

Posted By: passthru

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/05/11 01:56 PM

Do they have a shower at least? It's gonna be hot and humid and I will want to shower before hunts. An outside shower is good enough that time of year.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/05/11 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: passthru
Do they have a shower at least? It's gonna be hot and humid and I will want to shower before hunts. An outside shower is good enough that time of year.

They have a waterhose

Posted By: J.R.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/05/11 07:56 PM

I'm bringing the travel trailer, so we'll have a shower, A/C, etc. That is, if someone's bringing a Generator with a 30-amp RV plug and if there's a water-hose available.

(Gotta have a 30-amp power source of some kind, or the trailer will simply be a 30-foot oven.)

Rumor has it that 3FBR may have a generator for use, but we should confirm it's compatible.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/05/11 08:13 PM

My dad has one we can use. Its no biggie. Gonna be a fun trip. 5 people so far.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/05/11 10:50 PM

Sweet!

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/08/11 04:07 PM

Got one spot left if anyones interested in a fun weekend of hunting!

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/09/11 12:46 AM

Jason Womack. Friend of mine says he is in.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/09/11 12:48 AM

JR I was told your camper sleeps four. I can tow my pop up down as well. No shower but with a generator or power outlet the a/c will work. I only need a 20 amp outlet if available.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/09/11 12:58 AM

Bring em. We got six now. I just need everyones deposits

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/09/11 01:15 AM

JR I was told your camper sleeps four. I can tow my pop up down as well. No shower but with a generator or power outlet the a/c will work. I only need a 20 amp outlet if available.

Queen master, couch makes out into a bed, dining table makes into a bed, then there's a full size lower bunk and a narrow upper bunk. So, it'll actually sleep 5, but that upper bunk is more suited for kiddo's. If we're to have 6 hunters & help everyone avoid paying for a hotel or sleeping in Texas June heat, bringing your pop-up sounds like a good idea.

BTW Cooked those bratwurst you gave me on our last hunt. Dude, those were great!!

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/09/11 02:12 AM

I will get some money from Womack this week and get it to you.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 05/09/11 03:01 AM

Originally Posted By: J.R.

Queen master, couch makes out into a bed, dining table makes into a bed, then there's a full size lower bunk and a narrow upper bunk. So, it'll actually sleep 5, but that upper bunk is more suited for kiddo's. If we're to have 6 hunters & help everyone avoid paying for a hotel or sleeping in Texas June heat, bringing your pop-up sounds like a good idea.

My stepson will be with me. Hes 10 but small and scrawney so we can just shove him in a corner
BTW Cooked those bratwurst you gave me on our last hunt. Dude, those were great!!

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/02/11 05:27 PM

Greatly anticipating this hunt, so hated to see the thread get too far from Page 1.

Trailer is all cleaned up & ready after a weekend at Cedar Creek. I think we're gonna have to cut HunterTed off at the knees for him to fit into any of the beds, though...seems that industry fails to account for the Paul Bunyans of the world.

Oh, well...maybe he'll sleep poorly & be up early to make coffee & brfst. for everyone.bolt

Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/02/11 06:06 PM

Greatly anticipating this hunt, so hated to see the thread get too far from Page 1.

Trailer is all cleaned up & ready after a weekend at Cedar Creek. I think we're gonna have to cut HunterTed off at the knees for him to fit into any of the beds, though...seems that industry fails to account for the Paul Bunyans of the world.

Oh, well...maybe he'll sleep poorly & be up early to make coffee & brfst. for everyone.bolt

I'd go to just have J.R. make his WORLD CLASS Fish Tacos/Salsa up food

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/02/11 06:43 PM

Its gonna be a blast. I think I have talked my dad into going. My 5 yr old stepdaughter, Morgan, is gonna ride down with me on friday and sit with me in the popup friday afternoon and saturday morning then go home with Wendy on saturday afternoon. Wendy is gonna come down saturday morning to bring us all breakfast. Its gonna be hot and arrows are gonna be flying. Going to be an extra special trip for me since this will be the first time Morgan will be in the blind with me. And my dad has never shot a hog or exotic deer so its gonna be a great weekend!!

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/02/11 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

I'd go to just have J.R. make his WORLD CLASS Fish Tacos/Salsa up food

Thanks, Mike. I'm thinking on what to cook Fri. or Sat. night. Learned a few things in the last year, or so...

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/05/11 07:29 PM

Too hot to eat too much. Lots of beer will be needed to keep hydrated though!

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/06/11 05:13 AM

Next weekend we will be two weeks out from the hunt, so you guys be thinking about how you wanna do food. Wendy is bringing all of us breakfast on Saturday morning.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/06/11 02:27 PM

We'll have a fully equipped kitchen with plates, plastic silverware, cutlery, pots/pans, cups, utensils, 3 burner stove, oven and microwave + a Coleman "road Trip" two-burner grill for cooking the messy stuff outside.

Jason, did you get us cleared to hunt hogs at night? If so, that could mean a lot more time spent on stand and less time to cook, so it could change our approach...

Posted By: highlonesome1

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/06/11 03:10 PM

Makes me want to take up bowhunting.

Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/06/11 03:12 PM

If I wasn't so far away I would jump on this.
Have fun everyone

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/06/11 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: highlonesome1
Makes me want to take up bowhunting.

I've got a crossbow you can use if you would like to join us on one of the hunts. We are full this time but any other time we go we arent full.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/06/11 04:57 PM

I don't know why you would be limited to hogs at night. I have a mini-sniper and I could be talked into an hour or two of after dark activity.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/06/11 11:38 PM

You see hogs all day long there. Last time I went Wendy and I had hogs come in about 5:15 and we saw lots until we left just after dark. Ill work sumthin out. We may all meet and do some spot and stalk after dark.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/06/11 11:54 PM

Originally Posted By: HunterTed
You see hogs all day long there. Last time I went Wendy and I had hogs come in about 5:15 and we saw lots until we left just after dark. Ill work sumthin out. We may all meet and do some spot and stalk after dark.

If you need my hawglight let me know.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/07/11 12:09 AM

Will do. Thanks bro

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/07/11 01:54 PM

I been shooting my longbow every day. I hope to stick a red deer doe with it on this trip. I have taken it to the stand on several occasions whitetail and hog hunting and have yet to take a shot with it. If nothing else I might try a middle of the day spot and stalk hog hunt with it. It's gonna be a long 2 1/2 weeks

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/08/11 12:27 AM

Yep it is. And once it gets here the weekend will fly by.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/10/11 04:50 PM

In about 14 days and 1 hour I will be headed south. The Sarrels Sierra longbow will be my number one weapon on this trip. Any ideas what we want to do for food.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/10/11 06:30 PM

Yep two weeks from today!!! Will be the maiden voyage for my new Hoyt Maxxis 31.

As far as food goes I texted everyone yesterday and asked what they want to do. And only J.R. Got back with me. He said he was thinking about cooking a brisket.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/10/11 06:35 PM

Is Ryan still gonna cook some fish

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/10/11 06:54 PM

I was kinda waiting to see if anyone made any "group meals" suggestions, too. I'm sure discussions will pick up the week of the hunt when everyone's more focused on it.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/10/11 07:03 PM

I been focused since Jason told me about this one

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/10/11 11:32 PM

Me and Bweger stay focused 24/7.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/11/11 12:02 AM

Me and Bweger stay focused 24/7.

This is true. rifle

Posted By: Three Fingers Bowhunting

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/11/11 12:41 AM

[quote=Bweger]Is Ryan still gonna cook some fish [/quote

Yes ryan is still going to cook fish. What night do you want him to do it?

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/11/11 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Three Fingers Bowhunting
[quote=Bweger]Is Ryan still gonna cook some fish [/quote

Yes ryan is still going to cook fish. What night do you want him to do it?

Doesn't matter to me but I am thinking friday night. I would hate to be trackin critters saturday night and not get to do it.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/11/11 06:49 PM

Dont make a difference to me either.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/11/11 06:50 PM

I just need to see some arrows flyin and blood pourin........

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/11/11 07:52 PM

Did a little practicing. This is at 16 yards

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/13/11 08:21 PM

Ok guys less than two weeks away from our hunt...... Looks like Ryan is gonna fry some fish one night. What about the other night. Whats everyone want to do? When is everyone planning on leaving? If anyone wants to meet me somewhere and follow me then let me know. I am leaving at noon on friday.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/13/11 08:35 PM

Correct me if I am wrong guys, but me, my dad, brian and JR are sleeping in JR's trailer and Gary and his friend are sleeping in Garys trailer....... My dad is bringing his big generator to power them.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/13/11 08:38 PM

Good group with the long bow.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/13/11 08:41 PM

Correct me if I am wrong guys, but me, my dad, brian and JR are sleeping in JR's trailer and Gary and his friend are sleeping in Garys trailer....... My dad is bringing his big generator to power them.

How many in that one camper! eek2

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/13/11 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By: dgilbert
Good group with the long bow.

Thank you I have been shooting everyday except the days I am on duty for the last several weeks getting ready for this trip

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/13/11 08:44 PM

Ok guys less than two weeks away from our hunt...... Looks like Ryan is gonna fry some fish one night. What about the other night. Whats everyone want to do? When is everyone planning on leaving? If anyone wants to meet me somewhere and follow me then let me know. I am leaving at noon on friday.
I plan on leaving about then myself. Not sure about the night that we aren't eating fish but I am gonna bring some sandwich stuff and maybe some munchies from Fischers with me

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/13/11 08:59 PM

U said that last time and no munchies from fishers. Grab me a couple rolls of jalepeno and cheese summer sausage and ill pay ya when u get there

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/13/11 09:05 PM

I'll leave Frisco @ 10:00 a.m. Friday.

The place looks easy enough to find on the map, but is the gate clearly marked?

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/13/11 09:15 PM

Nope its not marked that great. I am hoping to catch up with you on the road so you can follow us in.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/13/11 09:53 PM

U said that last time and no munchies from fishers. Grab me a couple rolls of jalepeno and cheese summer sausage and ill pay ya when u get there

Going to Fischers to get sandwich supplies this time around instead of Walmart cheers

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/13/11 10:19 PM

Good idea.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/14/11 11:48 PM

Uh, I'm leaving Sunday morning and won't be back to web access until Thursday. I'm wondering what I need to get rolling so I can get prepared this week.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/15/11 01:09 AM

Work's got me traveling this week & next, too, so I won't be able to do the pre-cooking I was thinking about. I'm going to bring some assorted game meats and some wal-mart sides & snacks.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/15/11 02:08 PM

I will have enough regardless. I just hope I have enough ice chests for the meat and the beer. lol35

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/15/11 02:48 PM

I guess I will bring some sandwich stuff and snack stuff. Will be too hot to eat a lot anyways.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/15/11 06:02 PM

Yeah, it's too hot to work, I don't play golf so I might as well go hunting.

Re: THF group hunt @ Three Fingers. Bowhunting. - 06/15/11 07:11 PM

It will be so hot that critters are begging us to shoot them just to get some relief!!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum