Texas Hunting Forum

Got drawn!

Posted By: Jiggamitch

Got drawn! - 11/09/21 11:30 AM

I put in for turkey hunt last 3 years and got drawn for the 2022 spring turkey hunt. Super excited! When do yall start scouting? I already have a good idea of which unit I'm going to hunt, but I still want to check out the terrain ect.
Posted By: Bobbaganoosh

Re: Got drawn! - 11/09/21 09:23 PM

Where did you draw?
Posted By: Erny

Re: Got drawn! - 11/16/21 01:15 AM

What WMA did you draw?

Re: Got drawn! - 04/25/22 04:23 AM

I hunted all 3 days and struck out. Heard and saw turkeys every day. First day right around first light, 2 hunters came walking through. I went one way they went the other. They got one. 2nd day I was trying to get some birds to cross a road from private. After a very long while I got the birds to come to the road. A guy driving by saw them and stopped and got out to call at them and honk his horn. The birds moved away and I followed and successfully got 3 gobblers to cross over to me. Unfortunately, another hunter driving around looking for birds saw them crossing and pulled up and followed them in. The birds ran and made a wide loop around me. We both called and the birds turned and left. I was upset, but I know he had no way of knowing I was in there. 3rd day I attempted to get the same gobblers to cross over again, but they wouldn't even come to the road.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Got drawn! - 04/25/22 05:51 AM

That's messed up. And could be dangerous if the hunt manager is mixing multiple hunters in the same compartment and not telling them????? hammer What WMA was it? Or was this a license draw in another state your talking about?

Re: Got drawn! - 04/25/22 07:48 AM

Multiple units to hunt, but no restrictions on traveling to any of them. Rather not say. Very limited numbers.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum