Texas Hunting Forum

Are the Gobblers breaking away yet?

Posted By: bcoglegolf

Are the Gobblers breaking away yet? - 04/20/21 03:08 PM

I am going to Graham TX with a friend and hunting buddy on Saturday and Sunday 24th and 25th. Does anybody have any insight as to what the Gobblers are or will be doing as far as breaking away from their bred hens? Are they separating yet and looking for new hens yet?

Thanks!
Posted By: fonzie

Re: Are the Gobblers breaking away yet? - 04/20/21 03:15 PM

I hunt in Graham, was out Saturday. We tried to call some in the responded but we just couldn’t close the gap.
Posted By: bcoglegolf

Re: Are the Gobblers breaking away yet? - 04/20/21 03:17 PM

Were they with other hens?
Posted By: jrfan

Re: Are the Gobblers breaking away yet? - 04/20/21 04:28 PM

Our place is about 10 miles west of Newcastle, I have hunted every weekend since the season opened. I have yet to hear a gobble. I have seen some hens and have plenty of turkey on camera. I know they are there. I am convinced I couldn't kill a spring turkey in the Walmart meat section.
Posted By: Huskerron

Re: Are the Gobblers breaking away yet? - 04/20/21 07:20 PM

Up here, anyway, I’m not sure they ever break away from the bred hens. They’re with them at fly down and wander around with them for a couple of hours. Then the bred hens leave for the nest. Then the toms scatter out and go looking. That’s when they can be had. When they’re looking for love in all the wrong places. I would add that they don’t always gobble so don’t be sleeping thinking they’ll announce their arrival. If you don’t get one at fly down, that’s when to take that nap.
Posted By: okiehuntr

Re: Are the Gobblers breaking away yet? - 04/25/21 07:06 PM

I have 3 Toms stuck like glue to each other, could not get a shot without killing all of them
okie
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum