Texas Hunting Forum

Hunting around Denton

Posted By: Machintis

Hunting around Denton - 01/09/20 01:17 AM

I am new to the forum and to hunting as I have only been hunting a couple of years now. I have a few friends who hunt in town but since I do not have access to a lease or land I don't go very often. It depends on their schedule and when they want to invite me. I am always thankful when I can work it out though. I have fallen in love with hunting and I wondered if there was anyone in the Denton area who knows of areas to hunt or has land in the area. I really just need practice even if it is just pest control like shooting hogs. It is hard to get good when you only go once a year. Probably a long shot to ask, but I thought I would try. I read on the Meateater website and in Rinella's book it is worth a shot to ask for hunting permission so I am giving it a go. I am willing to meet face to face for an interview of sorts first as well so you don't think I am a nut.

Additionally, are there groups of people who hunt in the area? I am sure there are. I don't have money for a hunting club but I thought I would see if there is anyone else around Denton.
Posted By: Machintis

Re: Hunting around Denton - 01/09/20 01:37 AM

Guys sorry I put this in the Turkey Forum. I am new. I meant to put it in the open forum
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum