Texas Hunting Forum

East TX Turkey hunts ?

Posted By: White Falcon

East TX Turkey hunts ? - 12/28/18 04:08 PM

Looking for one and might be two people 1 or 2 day hunt?
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: East TX Turkey hunts ? - 12/29/18 03:43 AM

Good luck!
Posted By: kmon11

Re: East TX Turkey hunts ? - 12/29/18 04:43 PM

If looking for Eastern turkey hunting Mississippi on a 3 or 7 day license might be easier to get a hunt for.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: East TX Turkey hunts ? - 12/31/18 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by kmon1
If looking for Eastern turkey hunting Mississippi on a 3 or 7 day license might be easier to get a hunt for.
Posted By: D Rogers

Re: East TX Turkey hunts ? - 01/08/19 06:58 PM

lemme know if you find one
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: East TX Turkey hunts ? - 01/09/19 12:46 PM

White Falcon, The turkey population in NE Texas has disappeared. I was involved with a 5000 acre game ranch for several years and the ranch, 5-6 years ago, had a growing population but within 2 years they were gone! That has happened in most of NE Texas. The WTF has a director in Mt. Pleasant and last talk with him, he was at a loss to explain the downward spiral of the birds.

Re: East TX Turkey hunts ? - 01/09/19 05:59 PM

I know about the population in N.E.TX., but there are still some spots that have them. Just thought I would put it out there.
Posted By: MO

Re: East TX Turkey hunts ? - 01/09/19 10:24 PM

I have fished with this fellow many times , he also does Turkey Hunts near Alexandria , La

http://finandfeatherguides.com/trip-packages/

Mo

Re: East TX Turkey hunts ? - 01/10/19 04:28 PM

Thanks!
Posted By: Vindicator

Re: East TX Turkey hunts ? - 02/01/19 10:58 PM

We have quite a few birds on our place in Red River County and the population seems to be static. We generally see 25-40 birds a year. Right now we regularly see a group of 22 hens and one group of 11 Gobblers, two jakes running for their lives every where they go and a group of 6 Gobblers. They will begin to disappear when the trees bud and they need room to spread out and nest, but we almost always have a generous hunting population come April. We have a man that books us every year so we don't have any for sale now, but there are a few ranches around us that hunt their own birds so there must be a decent population around us.
Posted By: cowboyway

Re: East TX Turkey hunts ? - 02/04/19 04:51 AM

How much are you willing to pay?

Re: East TX Turkey hunts ? - 02/04/19 01:27 PM

Where and more info.

Re: East TX Turkey hunts ? - 02/04/19 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by cowboyway
How much are you willing to pay?

What are you offering?
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: East TX Turkey hunts ? - 02/15/19 01:40 PM

Good luck!
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: East TX Turkey hunts ? - 02/21/19 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rock Man
We have quite a few birds on our place in Red River County and the population seems to be static. We generally see 25-40 birds a year. Right now we regularly see a group of 22 hens and one group of 11 Gobblers, two jakes running for their lives every where they go and a group of 6 Gobblers. They will begin to disappear when the trees bud and they need room to spread out and nest, but we almost always have a generous hunting population come April. We have a man that books us every year so we don't have any for sale now, but there are a few ranches around us that hunt their own birds so there must be a decent population around us.

Rock Man, what part of Red River Co. are you in? I hunt near Clarksville and have not seen or heard a turkey in 3 years.
Posted By: cowboyway

Re: East TX Turkey hunts ? - 03/14/19 03:13 AM

I'm north of Clarksville and I see and hear them all day long. They are all over my place. I'm curious how much a fair price someone would pay for a day hunt.
Posted By: Jon B

Re: East TX Turkey hunts ? - 03/14/19 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by cowboyway
I'm north of Clarksville and I see and hear them all day long. They are all over my place. I'm curious how much a fair price someone would pay for a day hunt.

I'm not turkey hunting this year but my last paid turkey hunt was 750.00 for three days and I could take two birds.

Re: East TX Turkey hunts ? - 03/14/19 10:48 AM

For access and one bird - $300.00. It goes up from there with lodging and food. You can only legally harvest one bird.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum