Texas Hunting Forum

Will turkey shy away.....

Posted By: chrswr

Will turkey shy away..... - 04/18/18 07:33 PM

I know deer will shy away from an area with a new randomly placed popup blind.....

Are turkey the same way? If I put a pop up, just thrown up next to some cedar trees - not brushed in , but also not just smack in the middle of a field, will they shy away from the area?
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Will turkey shy away..... - 04/18/18 07:38 PM

No, I put up a pop up and killed a bird the next day. He didn’t pay a lick of attention to it.
Posted By: chrswr

Re: Will turkey shy away..... - 04/18/18 08:13 PM

How about rain? It it pointless to try if its raining?
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Will turkey shy away..... - 04/18/18 09:09 PM

See thread below abt pop ups. They sit still in rain normally under cover. As soon as it stops, it can be on.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Will turkey shy away..... - 04/18/18 09:18 PM

Duckman is right about the rain, they will often move a lot after a heavy rain stops. A mist to light rain they will often be active in fields/open areas
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Will turkey shy away..... - 04/18/18 09:47 PM

they never seemed to mind about mine, set it up noon, had one the next morning
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: Will turkey shy away..... - 04/21/18 10:31 PM

Back in Oct during archery season I put a pop up up and had two does blow and stomp their feet and then take off. About 30 minutes to an hour later a flock of turkey came in to the feeder and I made my first bow kill. So I Think they could care less.
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Will turkey shy away..... - 04/22/18 02:00 AM

First time I used a pop up was turkey hunting in Kansas and a deer rubbed up against it going past and a dozen turkeys ended up 10 yds away. Love a popup blind ever since. Wish I used mine more often...forget I have them.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum