Texas Hunting Forum

Opening the season a week later is BS!

Posted By: BlakeJ

Opening the season a week later is BS! - 02/14/15 08:36 PM

This just further reinforces that tpwd is run by morons. If anything the season should have been opened a week earlier, or at least stayed the same. All this is doing is making it tougher on he hunters.

Rant over. Still mad though....
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Opening the season a week later is BS! - 02/14/15 11:13 PM

Turkey season around the country opens after most of the hens are bred. A turkey hen requires only one time to fertilize one clutch of eggs, even though they will continue for a few weeks after that first time. What is the biggest complaint you hear at the beginning of turkey season most years "the gobblers were henned up" Guess that may not be the case.
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Opening the season a week later is BS! - 02/15/15 01:58 PM

Quote:
All this is doing is making it tougher on he hunters.

I don't understand, you had about 9 months to make whatever necessary arrangements, don't see how that's TPWD fault, but OK. confused2
Posted By: snood1

Re: Opening the season a week later is BS! - 02/15/15 03:00 PM

I need to know what I missed about the season opening a week later. where?
Posted By: BlakeJ

Re: Opening the season a week later is BS! - 02/15/15 03:37 PM

Texas turkeys and heat don't mix. It gets hotter every week in the spring. The hotter it is, the less they gobble and the harder they are to hunt. Plain and simple. Opening it a week later and letting it run a week later is the exact opposite if what tpwd should have done.
Posted By: snood1

Re: Opening the season a week later is BS! - 02/15/15 05:42 PM

tpwd should set spring season march 20 - 1st weekend in may every year in north zone!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum