Texas Hunting Forum

Eastern turkey hunting

Posted By: Tophers

Eastern turkey hunting - 01/11/15 01:43 PM

Looking for a place to hunt Eastern turkeys in Texas or Oklahoma for daughter and I. Something reasonable in price and has a few birds to hunt. Thanks Chris

If you have anything please pm me.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Eastern turkey hunting - 01/11/15 05:37 PM

There were a couple of outfitters last year that had Eastern hunts. I haven't seen them post anything yet this year, but keep your eyes on the Outfitters section of this forum.

Gman

Re: Eastern turkey hunting - 01/11/15 06:12 PM

Ok thanks.
Posted By: Texas Turkey Hunter DFW

Re: Eastern turkey hunting - 01/12/15 12:46 AM

Tophers save your money and do it the old fashioned way! Head to SE Oklahoma around Beavers Bend State Park! There are over 10,000 acres of national Forrest open to hunt eastern turkey. You can camp & fish fro trout in the park while you hunt for turkeys just outside the park. Out of state fees are VERY reasonable

Re: Eastern turkey hunting - 01/17/15 02:06 AM

It sounds good Texas Turkey but going onto NF land is great n all but what worries me keeping my daughter safe. A lot of things can happen up there on your on especially going unto un known territory. I will look into it and see what's up there. Beavers Bend is a great place to go to. Thanks
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Eastern turkey hunting - 01/23/15 04:36 AM

I don't want to get chastised for giving away public secrets, but if you look at public land in Texas north of Paris, Tx.....you just might find some Easterns!

Re: Eastern turkey hunting - 01/24/15 12:56 AM

I'll take a look. Thanks for the tip
Posted By: luvpigmeet

Re: Eastern turkey hunting - 01/24/15 01:37 AM

Taking my Daughter for the youth day here in PA. Wished you lived close, I love calling birds. Hope she gets one. You will not stop smiling!

Re: Eastern turkey hunting - 02/10/15 12:57 PM

TTT
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum