Texas Hunting Forum

Open turkey hunt for tomorrow/sunday - no charge- Military member or parent taking their kid on a hunt

Posted By: rsquared

Open turkey hunt for tomorrow/sunday - no charge- Military member or parent taking their kid on a hunt - 03/22/13 02:34 PM

its really short notice, but i will be headed to the ranch tomorrow and would be willing to take out a member of our military or a parent taking their kid on a turkey hunt.

Self guided unless you are a really good caller and i decide to sit with you and learn smile

there will be no charge to hunt/kill one turkey. if you want to kill more than one, we can figure out a reasonable fee for that.

i have to pick up some things in San Antonio and an aoudad mount in kerrville in the morning, so i will probably leave Round Rock around 7 am. after all my stops, i should get to junction by noon or so. i will be leaving back home around noon to 2 on Sunday.

pm me if you are interested
Posted By: fonzo

Re: Open turkey hunt for tomorrow/sunday - no charge- Military member or parent taking their kid on a hunt - 03/22/13 02:40 PM

this is awesome! too bad i don't have my blind and broadheads yet or else i might be able to take you up on this. you're pretty close to ft hood too which is also awesome! is this available for veterans also or just active military members? i can ask around and see if there are any active duty military members in my area if this is only for active duty members.

Re: Open turkey hunt for tomorrow/sunday - no charge- Military member or parent taking their kid on a hunt - 03/22/13 03:09 PM

i am not trying to be limiting on the status of the military member, i just wanted to extend the offer since i had an open spot and normally dont

as for proximity. i live in Round Rock, but the ranch is in Junction, which is probably 3 hrs from Ft. Hood.

Re: Open turkey hunt for tomorrow/sunday - no charge- Military member or parent taking their kid on a hunt - 03/22/13 05:20 PM

spot is taken, thx
Posted By: cyphertext

Re: Open turkey hunt for tomorrow/sunday - no charge- Military member or parent taking their kid on a hunt - 03/22/13 05:20 PM

If my son wasn't committed to a camp out with his Boy Scout troop this weekend, we would have loved the opportunity. We don't have a lease anymore, so we are going to have to figure out the public lands hunting.

Very nice of you to offer this up though.
Posted By: hillbillyhoghunter

Re: Open turkey hunt for tomorrow/sunday - no charge- Military member or parent taking their kid on a hunt - 03/22/13 08:49 PM

I can't wait till our trip out with you.
Posted By: KeithTT

Re: Open turkey hunt for tomorrow/sunday - no charge- Military member or parent taking their kid on a hunt - 03/22/13 08:51 PM

PM sent for a free guide for the weekend. Close to home and it's for military and youth NO CHARGE. You will learn it all and I will take plenty of pics.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum