Texas Hunting Forum

Turkey Dog in action pics

Posted By: Sniper John

Turkey Dog in action pics - 05/15/11 01:30 AM

I started taking Blaze with me on my Spring Turkey hunts after I lost a shot bird three or four years ago. By using the dog to secure the bird, never again will I lose or have to track a bird. The one I shot this morning looked like it was going to move on out across the field after the shot, so I sent in the catch dog. She hit it hard on initial contact. Makes for an exciting hunt and a happy dog.

Posted By: hawk

Re: Turkey Dog in action pics - 05/15/11 01:56 AM

Cool!

Posted By: Nontypical3006

Re: Turkey Dog in action pics - 05/15/11 03:45 AM

That's classic! Were you and the dog in a blind or behind anything?

Re: Turkey Dog in action pics - 05/15/11 05:24 AM

I do use a small popup sometimes, but I was run and gun this morning. I was up against a tree typical Spring turkey hunting. I roosted Turkeys the evening before, the next morning I set up across the field from the treeline they were in, dropped two decoys and called them in. Blaze usually lays or sits behind me. Sometimes beside me. Depends on the cover or if I am in a blind. This morning she was in a spot I cleared just behind my tree. I almost messed up as I tried to take a picture of the Turkey close in before shooting. With the sun in my face I must have flashed a glare. I had to drop the camera and take the shot on a moving bird. The shot was farther out than I would have liked and through mesquite tree leaves.

Posted By: Jase

Re: Turkey Dog in action pics - 05/18/11 12:28 PM

Love that last pic!

Posted By: Deadeyedaniel

Re: Turkey Dog in action pics - 05/19/11 03:20 AM

thats to cool

Re: Turkey Dog in action pics - 05/19/11 03:39 AM

Thanks guys, I posted the day with the rest of the hunt (coyotes) in the photo section.

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2311101

Posted By: SWG

Re: Turkey Dog in action pics - 05/22/11 05:25 AM

very cool

Posted By: rsquared

Re: Turkey Dog in action pics - 05/22/11 10:02 PM

heck of a dog right there

Posted By: JakeinTX

Re: Turkey Dog in action pics - 05/22/11 10:09 PM

Thats really cool!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum