Texas Hunting Forum

chased by hogs

Posted By: mathewsdxt18

chased by hogs - 11/25/09 04:59 AM

well i was out at my girlfriends house when her mom came in and told us their was a hog outside. i jumped up and ran out to see a 150 pound hog by the horses. well i go rambo and grab my 4 inch work knife and i was thinkin to myself "yea im gonna stab this pig and look like a total bad azz infront of my girlfriend and her family" well didnt end up that way i jumped the fence and started walkin to him when the 4 jack russel terriers started to attack him. well one dog ran cuz he got bit or somethin so they all ran towards me well low and behold the hog ran for the dogs and i was in the shadows so i couldnt see the hog but he was within 20 yards i did not run for the fence i sprinted like i was in the olympics and i did not jump the fence i scaled it and riped my foot open cuz i had no boots on. im headin out tomorrow to shoot him cuz her famiy wants to do a bbq with the hog. how many of yall have been chased by hogs or have tried to kill the with a knife and no dogs?

Posted By: Closed Traverse

Re: chased by hogs - 11/25/09 05:02 AM

did u have ur head on lol?? did u really think u and some lil pups and a knife were gonna kill a 150# hog lol

Re: chased by hogs - 11/25/09 05:05 AM

haha i was tryin to impress my girlfriend im 18 and that didnt work out so good i ended up runnin back to them like a little girl

Posted By: Txkiller

Re: chased by hogs - 11/25/09 05:09 AM

LMAO I been chased but I didnt try to kill the MF with a knife 30/30 to the face and the scum bag was still alive he finally drowned himself whistle

Re: chased by hogs - 11/25/09 05:12 AM

im 19, and my dumb arse wont run after a freaking hog with nothing but a knife lol, at least not when i only have a jack russel as back up!

u sure it was 150#??? id be willing to bet u woulda chit ur pants if a hog that big was runnin at u, sure it wasnt like 60# cuz that i might attempt lol!

Re: chased by hogs - 11/25/09 05:14 AM

this is a 150# hog killed with a knife

Re: chased by hogs - 11/25/09 05:22 AM

Damn B you only had to stick em once eek2

Re: chased by hogs - 11/25/09 05:25 AM

that was a memorable hog lol, he would NOT GO DOWN!!! it was crazy, never seen one stay up that long with a knife wound like he had. i didnt do all the stickin, i thought i had him good, so my friend gets in to finish him off since he was still fighting the dogs. well he gets hit on his hand by the tusk of the hog.... finnally kills the hog, and then the next mornin my friend had to go to the ER cuz his hand blew up like a balloon.

Re: chased by hogs - 11/25/09 05:26 AM

haha no im 6'3 and this hog came way up past my knee ive shot a 150 pound hog before and this thing was every bit of it

Re: chased by hogs - 11/25/09 05:28 AM

Originally Posted By: mathewsdxt18
haha no im 6'3 and this hog came way up past my knee ive shot a 150 pound hog before and this thing was every bit of it

LIAR I dont believe you go back out and try it again but get someone to tape it this time smirk

Re: chased by hogs - 11/25/09 05:29 AM

lmao^^^^

Posted By: nick lee

Re: chased by hogs - 11/25/09 05:54 AM

this could be interesting

Posted By: Double Ought

Re: chased by hogs - 11/25/09 11:34 AM

violin My son often comes home with these type of stories and blood curdling scars to back them. He is 20 and as dumd as a sack full of hammers.. Like you he doesnt get the pig in the end but in his head he is still and could have gotten that sucker if something or another hadnt happend... violin

Posted By: azcoyote

Re: chased by hogs - 11/25/09 01:15 PM

I remember when I was 18 and stupid!!! Especially when you add a female in the mix!! Don't know how I ever survived!! confused2

Posted By: RYNO wheels

Re: chased by hogs - 11/25/09 01:18 PM

I bet at sometime, somewhere during this adventure, the phase was uttered:
"Hold my beer, watch this!!!!"

Posted By: biggerD

Re: chased by hogs - 11/25/09 03:59 PM

that is what i was going to say that there must of been ALOT of beer somewhere. So did you girlfriend laugh and call you a little girl or was she scared for your life

Posted By: Armadillo Tacos

Re: chased by hogs - 11/25/09 04:29 PM

haha i was tryin to impress my girlfriend im 18 and that didnt work out so good i ended up runnin back to them like a little girl

Yep one to write into the book of acquired knowledge, better known as Lessons Learned. "Note to self" Never sneak up on a 150# pound hog with only a small knife and 4 yapping dogs. walking

Glad you are OK. Kill that hog and enjoy the BBQ!

Re: chased by hogs - 11/25/09 04:51 PM

my girlfriend and her mom were screamin at first but after i got over the fence they started laughtin uncontrollably at me but no beer in this one it was just plain stupidity

Posted By: txvarminter

Re: chased by hogs - 11/25/09 06:00 PM

This is not a "Lesson Learned" story this is a "Reasons I should be DEAD" story. I've got a few of those from when I was that age and younger thank God they didn't have the internet back then so I could let the rest of the world know how STUPID I had been.

Posted By: MS1454

Re: chased by hogs - 11/25/09 06:28 PM

use a gun

Posted By: passthru

Re: chased by hogs - 11/25/09 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: azcoyote
I remember when I was 18 and stupid!!! Especially when you add a female in the mix!! Don't know how I ever survived!! confused2

+1

Posted By: Grizz

Re: chased by hogs - 11/25/09 07:53 PM

my girlfriend and her mom were screamin at first but after i got over the fence they started laughtin uncontrollably at me but no beer in this one it was just plain stupidity

My hat's off to you for not trying to hide behind alcohol. Stupidity is sometimes hard to admit. cheers

Posted By: Shotgun_Willy

Re: chased by hogs - 11/26/09 12:47 AM

you can hog hunt with a knife but it cant be no dinky 4 inch blade, carry a 45 on your side and shoot him if you cant cut the throat, gotta have the balls to do it though. haha

Posted By: moderno

Re: chased by hogs - 11/26/09 01:32 AM

Play with the girl and leave the hog alone, much more fun!!

Posted By: Luv2Hunt

Re: chased by hogs - 11/26/09 01:47 AM

I am so laughing. I can only see in my mind, trying to impress your girlfriend and her parents with a four inch knife a big hog. I can so see myself at 18 trying to do something like that. I'm not throwing rocks. Just too, too much testosterone and not enough brain cells working like they should. I'm still laughing.

Posted By: 30-06hunter

Re: chased by hogs - 11/26/09 02:51 AM

Originally Posted By: moderno
X2 haha

Posted By: 1FowlHntR

Re: chased by hogs - 11/26/09 03:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Txkiller
LIAR I dont believe you go back out and try it again but get someone to tape it this time smirk
YEAH, and there need to be verification that it isn't PHOTOSHOPPED!! lol

Re: chased by hogs - 11/26/09 06:55 AM

yea its a 60 pound hog alright.NOT i shot him tonight with my bow 20 yards and put the rage through tha cage

Re: chased by hogs - 11/26/09 07:28 AM

LOL something told me you were going to get that bastard congrats man he def looks like a healthy one up

Re: chased by hogs - 11/26/09 02:30 PM

lol thanks man

Re: chased by hogs - 11/26/09 06:17 PM

PHOTOSHOPPED....you can tell by the distortion of the pic...LOL J/K Nice one bud!

Posted By: djones

Re: chased by hogs - 11/26/09 06:43 PM

Doesn't look shopped to me!!!

Posted By: kdub

Re: chased by hogs - 11/26/09 07:07 PM

Females are bad news, think about all the bucks and mallards that get shot every year thinking they are about to get laid. trout

Posted By: Stax

Re: chased by hogs - 11/26/09 10:56 PM

I think the lesson to learn here is..."Never try to impress your girlfriend with anything that is 4 inches or less... cheers

Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: chased by hogs - 11/26/09 11:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Stax08
I think the lesson to learn here is..."Never try to impress your girlfriend with anything that is 4 inches or less... cheers

ROFLMAO!! rofl

Posted By: notamtchance

Re: chased by hogs - 11/28/09 12:01 AM

Originally Posted By: moderno

I second that. rofl

Re: chased by hogs - 11/28/09 04:15 AM

Originally Posted By: djones
DJ...even though you didn't kill THAT ONE, you have killed more pigs than SWINE FLU...ur my hero!!

Re: chased by hogs - 11/30/09 09:38 PM

WOW - that might possibly be the nicest thing anyone ever said to me. You're not a stalker are you?

Posted By: krs_2007

Re: chased by hogs - 12/07/09 03:30 AM

Wow, great photoshop job...... You are awesome...... Not.

Now quit picking on the kid, he shot the hog and as you can see its a big hog. Tell him congrats and move on or keep you immature comments to yourself.

Posted By: BMD

Re: chased by hogs - 12/07/09 04:01 AM

Lmao

Re: chased by hogs - 12/07/09 04:58 AM

mathewsdxt18 - nice hog. My pic was only poking fun at the joke about your pic being photoshopped; thought that was obvious to everyone, but apparently not.

Re: chased by hogs - 12/07/09 05:18 PM

Not bad, my melon isnt that big, but hey I found one of you.

Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: chased by hogs - 12/07/09 06:37 PM

LOL, this thread sure took a funny turn...is that a "butt" pirate? LMAO!

Re: chased by hogs - 12/07/09 06:44 PM

Ouch, that's not fair. There are a lot more pics of me here than of you. Something tells me I'm a cinch to take a beating if I keep this up. My kids are going to laugh when they see that because they already call me gay. Fortunately, my wife hasn't starting calling me that yet.

Just to keep on track---nice hog!!!

Re: chased by hogs - 12/07/09 07:15 PM

Originally Posted By: krs_2007
Not bad, my melon isnt that big, but hey I found one of you.

LMAO rofl

Re: chased by hogs - 12/07/09 07:20 PM

TxKiller,
Shouldn't you be out shooting something in the faaaaace instead of laughing at me? smile
dj

Re: chased by hogs - 12/07/09 07:23 PM

TxKiller,
Shouldn't you be out shooting something in the faaaaace instead of laughing at me? smile
dj

Ugh hell no it was -3 this morning and barely 20 now with snow on the way plus I dont have my license yet frown im going back home over the break for a kill I cant wait banana

Re: chased by hogs - 12/07/09 07:34 PM

Hope you don't need an out of state license to hunt Texas now. That would suck.

mathewsdxt18 - Hope you're not getting tired of this extraneous bs. I figure any 6'3'' guy who goes after a 150lb hog with a knife wouldn't have any problem speaking up for himself, but I thought I'd check anyway. Just say the word and I'll leave your thread alone. Nice hog!

Posted By: Omaney

Re: chased by hogs - 12/07/09 07:48 PM

Sigh...I remember 18. Can't believe I survived.

Re: chased by hogs - 12/07/09 08:14 PM

All in good fun.... By the way, he is my nephew and I have used this captain morgan photo on a few friends.

You have to admit, its a good photo to photoshop.

Have a good one.

And by the way I have a collection of photo's to use.

Posted By: Bear1975

Re: chased by hogs - 12/07/09 09:33 PM

I so wish you had video of this.

well i was out at my girlfriends house when her mom came in and told us their was a hog outside. i jumped up and ran out to see a 150 pound hog by the horses. well i go rambo and grab my 4 inch work knife and i was thinkin to myself "yea im gonna stab this pig and look like a total bad azz infront of my girlfriend and her family" well didnt end up that way i jumped the fence and started walkin to him when the 4 jack russel terriers started to attack him. well one dog ran cuz he got bit or somethin so they all ran towards me well low and behold the hog ran for the dogs and i was in the shadows so i couldnt see the hog but he was within 20 yards i did not run for the fence i sprinted like i was in the olympics and i did not jump the fence i scaled it and riped my foot open cuz i had no boots on. im headin out tomorrow to shoot him cuz her famiy wants to do a bbq with the hog. how many of yall have been chased by hogs or have tried to kill the with a knife and no dogs?

Re: chased by hogs - 12/11/09 10:08 PM

haha thanks uncle kevin
and no this thread is startin to get good keep it up

Posted By: bowtech15

Re: chased by hogs - 06/30/10 06:08 PM

haha cool story

Posted By: Ed Lingenfelter

Re: chased by hogs - 06/30/10 06:20 PM

Back in the day, I was stationed in Hawaii. We were on a training exercise on the Big Island. Late one night we were camped and we heard some noise just outside our area. One of the guys was throwing rocks and it turned out to big a pretty big old bore. That Hog charged our 10 ton track vehicle and almost climbed up the ramp inside with us. Many we laughed forever once it left.

Posted By: Yann

Re: chased by hogs - 07/01/10 05:18 PM

I have but always with a good catch dog. Had a hog break loose once and ran over a friend... he got a tusk in the leg. He was really lucky. To correctly knife a hog you need good dogs. period. smile

Had friends climb trees on some hunts and I "received" 1 charge once (nearly lost my manhood)... I think now you have first hand knowledge of the agressive potential of boars.

How'd you like the adrenaline rush ?????

here's a pic of one of the last boars I hunted "old school" as some say... notice the tools and the nasty plott hound! And that shirt..well, it was to keep clean!

Posted By: Ed Lingenfelter

Re: chased by hogs - 07/01/10 06:17 PM

Ok man that is caveman!!!!! duel

Re: chased by hogs - 07/01/10 09:47 PM

lol... I can only say "Yes" to that! quite a test!

Posted By: Honker Jake

Re: chased by hogs - 07/02/10 01:05 AM

Yann, what year and what country was that picture taken in?

Look's like England in the early 1800's.

Re: chased by hogs - 07/02/10 01:33 AM

lol... that was in 2005 in Quebec, Canada.

I did reseach the making of the dagger and spears by reading "La Venerie" from Jacques du Fouilloux... in old french. I aslo looked at pictures from "The book of the hunt".

The blue jeans I'm wearing.. well... they're comfortable. smile

The research was effective (the designs WERE time tested) and reliving good coursing hunts (on foot) was great. I did it a number of years, even guided groups (saw all kinds of reactions from people).

I love hunting, any hunt done right is beautyful. Right now I'm learning falconry (since 2006). IM presently raising a young goshawk. My dad tought me how to hunt hare and ruffed grouse and how to train a pointing dog...for the rest, he doesn't get howcome i push it so far! lol

Re: chased by hogs - 07/02/10 01:50 AM

I hope another one charges me again im tired of chasing these damn things.

Posted By: erathar

Re: chased by hogs - 07/02/10 02:51 PM

I like the way you think txkiller

Posted By: Boudreaux

Re: chased by hogs - 07/03/10 01:54 AM

Last one that ran at me didnt make it too close.... He caught several 40 cals to the head and face.

Posted By: billy gordon

Re: chased by hogs - 07/03/10 03:09 AM

Good dogs and couple pieces of mule tape and load him up.

Re: chased by hogs - 07/03/10 06:42 PM

what's mule tape ? like duckt tape ????

Posted By: Driller

Re: chased by hogs - 07/03/10 06:47 PM

No. I would describe it as more of a thin flat rope.

Re: chased by hogs - 07/03/10 10:43 PM

aaahh... to "hog tie" !
forgive me... English is my second language.

Posted By: prohunter2011

Re: chased by hogs - 07/04/10 01:14 AM

run forrest run

Posted By: Esslmeister

Re: chased by hogs - 07/04/10 05:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Yann
lol... that was in 2005 in Quebec, Canada.

I did reseach the making of the dagger and spears by reading "La Venerie" from Jacques du Fouilloux... in old french. I aslo looked at pictures from "The book of the hunt".

The blue jeans I'm wearing.. well... they're comfortable. smile

The research was effective (the designs WERE time tested) and reliving good coursing hunts (on foot) was great. I did it a number of years, even guided groups (saw all kinds of reactions from people).

I love hunting, any hunt done right is beautyful. Right now I'm learning falconry (since 2006). IM presently raising a young goshawk. My dad tought me how to hunt hare and ruffed grouse and how to train a pointing dog...for the rest, he doesn't get howcome i push it so far! lol

We might need some training from Yann after Obama bans our guns!

Re: chased by hogs - 07/04/10 10:58 AM

I'll be happy to oblige! smile smile
Just so you don't feel so bad, we got to watch our guns and right up here (canada) also. Right now we're close to getting the obligation of registering hunting shotguns and rifles lifted. This registery stemmed from a gruesome university shooting, close to 17 years ago...and we had an other 3 or 4 years back.

moral is keep what you have cause it's real hard to get it back!
rant over

Happy 4th of July everyone!!!!!!

Posted By: kdub

Re: chased by hogs - 07/04/10 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Boudreaux
Last one that ran at me didnt make it too close.... He caught several 40 cals to the head and face.

He must have been closer than 21 feet then.

Posted By: Boudreaux

Re: chased by hogs - 07/05/10 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By: kdub
Originally Posted By: Boudreaux

He must have been closer than 21 feet then.

Well he was closer to me than i cared to have him. Lets just say that when he finally hit the ground and stopped moving he was only about 6 paces away. 7 yrds is a short distance, I was trained to shoot accurately out to 25yrds with a pistol.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum