Texas Hunting Forum

New Mexico fish and game… SMH!

Posted By: DonPablo

New Mexico fish and game… SMH! - 01/31/22 03:49 AM

I bought an out-of-state game license back in November and subsequently did a little hunt for grouse. Didn’t see any but enjoyed the mountains. I figured I would get my moneys worth as my brother had found a good duck spot we were supposed to go hunt. Of course, life happened and I didn’t get to go. We still have a quail hunt planned and I told myself that I would still have opportunities to get my moneys worth as I could also hunt pigs and predators with this license. but then, the other day I realized that the license expires end of March. I guess I got too used to licenses running through August. Then, as I read a little more on New Mexico game laws, I found out that I can shoot coyotes but not other predators. New Mexico classifies other predators as furbearers and requires not only trapper’s Ed, but also a $345 trapper’s license. That’s even more than a license for deer!

I shouldn’t be surprised as this is the same state that manages invasive species as game animals. 🤦‍♂️
Posted By: breadman

Re: New Mexico fish and game… SMH! - 01/31/22 12:00 PM

yeah i heard ya gotta have tags/license for exitocs also , there is no place like texas !!
Posted By: decook

Re: New Mexico fish and game… SMH! - 01/31/22 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by DonPablo
I bought an out-of-state game license back in November and subsequently did a little hunt for grouse. Didn’t see any but enjoyed the mountains. I figured I would get my moneys worth as my brother had found a good duck spot we were supposed to go hunt. Of course, life happened and I didn’t get to go. We still have a quail hunt planned and I told myself that I would still have opportunities to get my moneys worth as I could also hunt pigs and predators with this license. but then, the other day I realized that the license expires end of March. I guess I got too used to licenses running through August. Then, as I read a little more on New Mexico game laws, I found out that I can shoot coyotes but not other predators. New Mexico classifies other predators as furbearers and requires not only trapper’s Ed, but also a $345 trapper’s license. That’s even more than a license for deer!

I shouldn’t be surprised as this is the same state that manages invasive species as game animals. 🤦‍♂️

Forget the trapper's license on public land, NM just passed the law banning it. Darn, a whole way of life is lost.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: New Mexico fish and game… SMH! - 01/31/22 06:06 PM

Whoa
Posted By: trophybuck135

Re: New Mexico fish and game… SMH! - 05/08/22 02:12 AM

crazy
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum