Texas Hunting Forum

THIS… looks like a load of fun

Posted By: Biscuit

THIS… looks like a load of fun - 12/25/21 01:49 AM

Posted By: redhaze

Re: THIS… looks like a load of fun - 12/25/21 12:12 PM

Those dogs are fun to watch . Rabbit stew and other stuff coming up in KY!
Posted By: gary roberson

Re: THIS… looks like a load of fun - 12/28/21 09:02 PM

Love to watch the little hounds work, batting their tails when the scent is good and the way they honor each other when one picks up the trail. When I was a youngster, there was a gentleman at Dilley, TX by the name of Ira Woods who hunted cats and coons with a pack of beagles and caught lots of critters. He said the only problem was that being small, they rarely survived a rattlesnake bite. He had an old shed that was covered with cat scalps, inside and out that he had nailed on it over many years.
Adios,
Gary
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: THIS… looks like a load of fun - 12/29/21 02:22 AM

Boss had a couple beagles I got to hunt with when I was young. It was a blast!
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: THIS… looks like a load of fun - 12/29/21 09:22 PM

Did a lot of rabbit hunting in Arkansas with and without dogs. Good eating and plenty of exercise to work up an appetite. Favorite places were on railroad right away's in the lowlands.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: THIS… looks like a load of fun - 12/29/21 09:30 PM

That brings back some memories, rabbit and squirrel was my favorite thing to hunt as a kid. We have a pretty solid population of them this year and it’s on my mind to go chase some down.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: THIS… looks like a load of fun - 01/02/22 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
That brings back some memories, rabbit and squirrel was my favorite thing to hunt as a kid. We have a pretty solid population of them this year and it’s on my mind to go chase some down.

Me too !
Posted By: trophybuck135

Re: THIS… looks like a load of fun - 05/08/22 02:13 AM

sure does
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum