Texas Hunting Forum

Predator call for son

Posted By: magspa

Predator call for son - 12/28/20 03:47 PM

My 7 year keeps asking about coyote hunting..so of course I'm gonna be able him..I usually shot them when I see em. But never really hunted for them..what's a good entry level ecaller/decoy? Thanks
Posted By: Whack n stack

Re: Predator call for son - 12/28/20 10:22 PM

I have the Foxpro Wildfire which is an older entry level call and have had pretty good success with it. Check out the Foxpro Patriot and Inferno.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Predator call for son - 12/29/20 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by Whack n stack
I have the Foxpro Wildfire which is an older entry level call and have had pretty good success with it. Check out the Foxpro Patriot and Inferno.

Good picks
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Predator call for son - 12/29/20 03:11 AM

Where are you located? I have a brand spanking new Shockwave your welcome to try out and see if it’s something you think he will want to do enough to warrant a caller and then at that point you can make a better guess on how much your willing to spend. “If your close by” The cheaper ones will work but like everything in life you get what you pay for. I have a Foxpro’s eye scan light somewhere to, I’d have to locate that one though.
Posted By: magspa

Re: Predator call for son - 12/29/20 03:41 AM

Thanks ol thumper..I'm way down in Harlingen. I do have a decent light- coyote reaper with a red and green lens. I usually use that for nilgai and hogs. Its lights up further than he can shoot at this point.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Predator call for son - 12/29/20 04:08 AM

Ok, wish you were closer. Happy to help a brother out up
Posted By: HornSlayer

Re: Predator call for son - 12/29/20 09:07 PM

Of course, Gary Roberson makes the best commercial call out there. An alternative is buy a portable bluetooth speaker and download some predator call to your phone.
Posted By: toddjohnson

Re: Predator call for son - 12/31/20 08:03 AM

I think I have an older spitfire. If you want send me your address I will send it out to you. If it doesn’t work out for you than just pay it forward. It worked great in the past. May need batteries but it yours. Keep the kiddo in the outdoors.
Posted By: colt45

Re: Predator call for son - 12/31/20 09:07 PM

get him some quality mouth calls, and a cd video, he will have lots of fun learning and drive his mom crazy
Posted By: Whack n stack

Re: Predator call for son - 01/05/21 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by toddjohnson
I think I have an older spitfire. If you want send me your address I will send it out to you. If it doesn’t work out for you than just pay it forward. It worked great in the past. May need batteries but it yours. Keep the kiddo in the outdoors.

up
© 2022 Texas Hunting Forum