Predator Calling Advice (e calls)

Posted By: jadkins

Predator Calling Advice (e calls) - 11/19/20 02:10 PM

What are you go to sounds for trying to call in:

1. Coyotes

2. Gray Foxes

3. Bobcats

4. Raccoons (do they come to it???)

Thinking about getting a caller and sitting in the deer blinds at night. I have a thermal on a .22 for popping skunks and coons, but figured I'd use it as a spotter then hit them with a predator light and try to get a shot with a deer rifle. Give the kiddos something else to do at night. Hearing a few coyotes around and the foxes and raccoons are crazy thick.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Predator Calling Advice (e calls) - 11/21/20 03:32 AM

good ol Rabbit in distress will do it.
I use Buck Gardner rabbit in distress mouth call.
as far as coons, set out your traps.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Predator Calling Advice (e calls) - 11/21/20 03:46 AM

I don't have any jackrabbits so it's cottontail, flicker, rodent squeals for me. I've had everything you listed come in as well as raccoons almost run me over coming to all three.
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Predator Calling Advice (e calls) - 11/21/20 04:11 AM

There is almost nothing that doesn’t eat baby cottontails. Just saying...
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Predator Calling Advice (e calls) - 11/21/20 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by TCM3
good ol Rabbit in distress will do it.
I use Buck Gardner rabbit in distress mouth call.
as far as coons, set out your traps.

Every time
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Predator Calling Advice (e calls) - 11/21/20 09:58 PM

Raccoon Fight is very entertaining
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Predator Calling Advice (e calls) - 11/22/20 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by jadkins
What are you go to sounds for trying to call in:

1. Coyotes

2. Gray Foxes

3. Bobcats

4. Raccoons (do they come to it???)

Thinking about getting a caller and sitting in the deer blinds at night. I have a thermal on a .22 for popping skunks and coons, but figured I'd use it as a spotter then hit them with a predator light and try to get a shot with a deer rifle. Give the kiddos something else to do at night. Hearing a few coyotes around and the foxes and raccoons are crazy thick.

My favorite call is the Burnham Bros Mini Blaster it's about as versatile as they come, from tiny squeaks to a full blown long ranch attention getter. Last time I called was when my brother came down and I got three yote's up using only the Mini Blaster. I notice Gary Roberson with Carnivore starts a calling series with his Mini Blaster many times, it reaches out and get's them headed your way. Had one come in from close to half mile away and spooked within 150 yards. As is always the case my brother and I were not set up for the direction it came in and it caught our movement when we shifted position.
Posted By: Whack n stack

Re: Predator Calling Advice (e calls) - 11/24/20 04:47 PM

Eastern cottontail, lightning jack, baybee cottontail, pup distress. I only shoot coyotes though.
Posted By: h20thief

Re: Predator Calling Advice (e calls) - 11/25/20 01:50 PM

I've had yotes come in on a piglet in distress call from a Fox Pro Spitfire. Everything else is rabbit or rodent squeaks and distress.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Predator Calling Advice (e calls) - 11/25/20 09:39 PM

Somes just use hummingbird juice.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum