Texas Hunting Forum

Bobcat Hunt Needed

Posted By: Ol Thumper

Bobcat Hunt Needed - 11/18/20 05:17 AM

My wife’s really wanting to kill a bobcat, who/where is the best place to go to try and find one? I’m looking for a guided hunt so any suggestions would be appreciated.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Bobcat Hunt Needed - 11/18/20 01:27 PM

Anyone?
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Bobcat Hunt Needed - 11/18/20 02:14 PM

I used to see a lot of them down around Cotulla, when we had a lease there. I suppose I’d try to find a hunt there. Or, you could call the Wilson Ranch (near Yancey). That’s all I got.

I’ve got bobcats here on our place, but finding one is near impossible. I see em when I see em, but never when I want to see one.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Bobcat Hunt Needed - 11/30/20 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by 603Country
I used to see a lot of them down around Cotulla, when we had a lease there. I suppose I’d try to find a hunt there. Or, you could call the Wilson Ranch (near Yancey). That’s all I got.

I’ve got bobcats here on our place, but finding one is near impossible. I see em when I see em, but never when I want to see one.

We have a good amount of Bobcat also, but producing one on 'demand' would be near impossible.

Calling at night (after some number of outings and sets) would likely produce one, but we'd see many more Coyote, Fox and Coon before that happened.
Posted By: gary roberson

Re: Bobcat Hunt Needed - 12/01/20 02:55 PM

South Texas is your best bet as populations are high down there. Calling can be very effective but you may not be able to judge the size of the cat especially in the dark. If you can get one of the ranchers who run cats with hounds, that's the surest way to get an above average trophy. If the cat that is treed is not what you want, go find another one.
Adios,
Gary
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum