Texas Hunting Forum

Electronic Predator Call

Posted By: Sparta

Electronic Predator Call - 08/10/20 05:14 PM

Hello All,

I'm looking to purchase my first predator call and I'd like to keep it in the $300 range. I think I have my decision narrowed down to the either the Foxpro Hammer Jack or the Icotec-GC500.

Do any of you guys that have experience with these units mind sharing some of the pros/cons from your perspective? Any other units I should be looking at?
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Electronic Predator Call - 08/10/20 06:49 PM

I have used Fox Pro and had some good results, not that one but most play the same basic files.

The one I am most interested in trying is the one Gary Roberson on here is working on getting out the ROGUE ultrasonic call. You can see it on his CARNIVORE show.
T
https://texashuntingforum.com/forum...00/re-calling-with-the-rogue#Post7928200

Re: Electronic Predator Call - 08/10/20 06:58 PM

Looks interesting for sure. Thanks for the response Kmon
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Electronic Predator Call - 08/11/20 12:33 AM

I have used Fox Pro, Burnham Brothers and an Icotec. My advice is get one that you can download sounds or add your own. If you have a limited area to hunt, you want a larger inventory of sounds to use. .
Posted By: varmit_master

Re: Electronic Predator Call - 08/11/20 03:04 AM

Look on predator master.com. Guy had a new shockwave for 375.00. I bought mine a few yrs ago. I paid 500.00 plus for mine. The shockwave is a great caller nice remote also. U can play 2 sounds at once.
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Electronic Predator Call - 08/11/20 03:51 AM

Watching for used Foxpro’s is a good idea right now as they revamped their lineup and us fans have to have the latest greatest.... I have already sold my Shockwave and my Fusion backups and replaced with XWave and waiting on X24

Re: Electronic Predator Call - 08/11/20 02:02 PM

Appreciate the advice from everyone.
Posted By: varmit_master

Re: Electronic Predator Call - 08/11/20 05:27 PM

U cant find any better deal for new shockwave for 375.00. I havent looked at any of the new calls. I still trying figure out all the stuff on the shockwave. I do need a new decoy for mine.
Posted By: TexasOutdoorsman

Re: Electronic Predator Call - 08/13/20 02:27 PM

I use convergent hunting solutions Bullet HP. I bought it for the pig calling but have a called plenty of coyotes and cats with it.
Posted By: 3kcattle

Re: Electronic Predator Call - 08/23/20 05:52 PM

Gary,

What’s The status of new caller you have been working on?
Posted By: gary roberson

Re: Electronic Predator Call - 08/25/20 03:23 PM

They should be on the market right now but China Virus slowed us down as our software guys are in Silicon Valley and we all know how CA over reacted to this by shutting everything down. We are down to the final tweeking and have placed a PO for 3,000 units. I have been using prototypes since last fall and am sold on how aggressive critters respond to the actual animal recording.
Our slogan will be, "Full spectrum sound that fools the wariest critters around." Being able to produce the actual animal sounds has a HUGE impact on calling success. Perhaps the greatest testimony for the ROGUE is that to date, I have not had one coyote warning bark at me though we are calling ranches that we have called for many years. For those of you with coyote calling experience, you will know what this means.
We are recording more ultrasonic sounds all the time, editing them and loading on the ROGUE. I hope to have units to sell in September. If you are on our waiting list, we will call you as soon as we can fill your order.
Thanks and Adios,
Gary
Posted By: redhaze

Re: Electronic Predator Call - 08/25/20 10:09 PM

cool
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Electronic Predator Call - 08/25/20 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by redhaze
cool
Posted By: 3kcattle

Re: Electronic Predator Call - 08/31/20 02:46 AM

Thanks Gary
Posted By: HornSlayer

Re: Electronic Predator Call - 09/17/20 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Sparta
Hello All,

I'm looking to purchase my first predator call and I'd like to keep it in the $300 range. I think I have my decision narrowed down to the either the Foxpro Hammer Jack or the Icotec-GC500.

Do any of you guys that have experience with these units mind sharing some of the pros/cons from your perspective? Any other units I should be looking at?

I bought a rebuilt Pyle 12" 800w rechargeable Bluetooth PA Loudspeaker on ebay for 75$ delivered. Now let me warn you it is huge, but it has a huge sound to go with it. I downloaded a couple predator call apps on my phone and I think i am good to go. Have not had the chance to use it yet bet all indications are it is going to work well.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum