Texas Hunting Forum

Morning tea with a coyote

Posted By: Jeff in TX

Morning tea with a coyote - 04/03/20 03:15 PM

Let the four dogs out about 10 min prior to my 8 am conference call. They're going nuts barking and growling by the side fence. Except for the growling I thought the cows were next to the fence. I looked and caught movement, a coyote 10 yards out from the fence in trees and old brown broomweed from last year. I struggled getting the safe open as I didn't have my glasses on. Finally success!

I opened the front door and walked to the edge of the house on the porch. 15 yards out I caught movement, got my scope on the gray blob in the weeds and fired off a round. Dogs didn't like the shot, I see a coyote making for the next county at mach 1. Dang it was only 15 yards, ok maybe 17 yards if I stretch it, I shouldn't have missed.

Went in grabbed my tea for my 8 am conference call, when it was over I went for a look . The dogs were on the dead body 3 seconds after opening the front gate. I thought there was only one, I was wrong! Good shoulder shot for not seeing his whole body!

This group has been hanging around at night staying just in the woods driving my dogs nuts. Hopefully the other one got the hint!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Morning tea with a coyote - 04/03/20 04:50 PM

elmer
Posted By: mikei

Re: Morning tea with a coyote - 04/03/20 06:08 PM

Good work!!
Posted By: RANGERRONG

Re: Morning tea with a coyote - 04/04/20 01:47 AM

very nice sir
Posted By: redhaze

Re: Morning tea with a coyote - 04/04/20 08:38 AM

Congrats
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Morning tea with a coyote - 04/04/20 07:08 PM

up
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Morning tea with a coyote - 04/05/20 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff in TX

[Linked Image]

Smile for the camera!!! up
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Morning tea with a coyote - 04/08/20 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff in TX
Let the four dogs out about 10 min prior to my 8 am conference call. They're going nuts barking and growling by the side fence. Except for the growling I thought the cows were next to the fence. I looked and caught movement, a coyote 10 yards out from the fence in trees and old brown broomweed from last year. I struggled getting the safe open as I didn't have my glasses on. Finally success!

I opened the front door and walked to the edge of the house on the porch. 15 yards out I caught movement, got my scope on the gray blob in the weeds and fired off a round. Dogs didn't like the shot, I see a coyote making for the next county at mach 1. Dang it was only 15 yards, ok maybe 17 yards if I stretch it, I shouldn't have missed.

Went in grabbed my tea for my 8 am conference call, when it was over I went for a look . The dogs were on the dead body 3 seconds after opening the front gate. I thought there was only one, I was wrong! Good shoulder shot for not seeing his whole body!

This group has been hanging around at night staying just in the woods driving my dogs nuts. Hopefully the other one got the hint!

[Linked Image]

up
Posted By: Ramhorn

Re: Morning tea with a coyote - 04/10/20 02:50 PM

nice job!

I have killed a few from a second story window after my border collie alerted me. I can tell by her bark and growl it is a coyote, she ignores deer and livestock. Have to remember to alert my wife that a loud bang may be coming lol
Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: Morning tea with a coyote - 04/10/20 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by mikei
Good work!!

clap
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Morning tea with a coyote - 04/10/20 08:52 PM

banana2
Posted By: JCO

Re: Morning tea with a coyote - 04/19/20 06:34 PM

Working from home has its advantages.
Posted By: rolyat.nosaj