Texas Hunting Forum

Pulsar Thermion after the image boost upgrade. - Fox neck shot

Posted By: TXGH

Pulsar Thermion after the image boost upgrade. - Fox neck shot - 02/13/20 05:15 PM

Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: Pulsar Thermion after the image boost upgrade. - Fox neck shot - 02/14/20 04:36 AM

Image boost....

Boosting your content , visually speaking - is like watching Friday the 13th in 3D ...

Scary

bolt
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Pulsar Thermion after the image boost upgrade. - Fox neck shot - 02/14/20 05:23 AM

[Linked Image]

That was pulled quickly.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Pulsar Thermion after the image boost upgrade. - Fox neck shot - 02/14/20 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy
[Linked Image]

That was pulled quickly.

Ah now that’s more like it, great content.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Pulsar Thermion after the image boost upgrade. - Fox neck shot - 02/15/20 01:14 AM

What kind of train wreck did I miss?
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: Pulsar Thermion after the image boost upgrade. - Fox neck shot - 02/15/20 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by krmitchell
What kind of train wreck did I miss?

Grab your popcorn and prepare to vomit - I warned ya...

Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Pulsar Thermion after the image boost upgrade. - Fox neck shot - 02/15/20 06:18 AM

Dude, shooting thru a double layer of fence? That’s just not good. I just don’t understand this shot, I really don’t.

Re: Pulsar Thermion after the image boost upgrade. - Fox neck shot - 02/15/20 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Dude, shooting thru a double layer of fence? That’s just not good. I just don’t understand this shot, I really don’t.

Probably not his fence, right?
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Pulsar Thermion after the image boost upgrade. - Fox neck shot - 02/15/20 04:43 PM

Very irresponsible even for someone like him
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Pulsar Thermion after the image boost upgrade. - Fox neck shot - 02/18/20 03:36 AM

This is like more blood shed then I’ve gotten from a lot of deer

I don’t think their is much fur left

Took off like a bat out of hell

Pretty epic coco joe you must be proud

Re: Pulsar Thermion after the image boost upgrade. - Fox neck shot - 02/18/20 04:05 PM

Probably not his fence, right?

Actually it is my fence, so if damage was done I would be repairing it.

thanks for playing

Re: Pulsar Thermion after the image boost upgrade. - Fox neck shot - 02/18/20 06:01 PM

not so much about the fence being damaged, although if it wasn't your fence it would be doubly bad, but its about the likelihood of the bullet making it thought the double panels of fence in the first place. Yeah, there's a good chance you make the shot no problem, but what if one of those bullets hits the fence, ricochets down to your house and leaves a chunk of wall missing right where your wife or kid sits by?

In general, I don't shoot through fencing, it's just amateur. Why not wait for the fox to come around and give a good shot opportunity? Why not move around and make a good shot opportunity? If you know where the animals come from (based on your hog video and the fox video they are coming form the same corner of your lot) then set up to where you will be able to shoot and have safe follow up shots?

That's why I don't understand this shot. It is amateur, could have been reckless, and with the pigs it could have led to more damage than just a dead hog. A good hunter will hold off on shots that aren't nearly perfect, or have a really high chance of success. I have seen countless videos of bow hunters holding full draw with an animal 20 yards away but some brush or something in between...could they squeeze a shot in there, sure, but is it the right thing to do? Same here, wait for the shot opportunity to present itself, instead of being a 12 yo boy and blowing your wad before the fun even starts. learn some self control dude. I think that's what drives most of us crazy about your videos, they show little in restraint and a lot of seeming carelessness. I know you care, so start showing it.

Re: Pulsar Thermion after the image boost upgrade. - Fox neck shot - 02/18/20 08:29 PM

I think that's what drives most of us crazy about your videos, they show little in restraint and a lot of seeming carelessness.

Some hunters, no matter how often they hunt, never get over having buck fever. It really seems to be a impulse control issue. They have learned what is right, but in the pressure of the situation reach a point where they have to pull the trigger.

Re: Pulsar Thermion after the image boost upgrade. - Fox neck shot - 02/18/20 10:14 PM

I think that's what drives most of us crazy about your videos, they show little in restraint and a lot of seeming carelessness.

Some hunters, no matter how often they hunt, never get over having buck fever. It really seems to be a impulse control issue. They have learned what is right, but in the pressure of the situation reach a point where they have to pull the trigger.

You can say that about the population in general and be quite accurate most of the time...impulse control is in a bad way in our society.

Re: Pulsar Thermion after the image boost upgrade. - Fox neck shot - 02/19/20 03:34 PM

not so much about the fence being damaged, although if it wasn't your fence it would be doubly bad, but its about the likelihood of the bullet making it thought the double panels of fence in the first place. Yeah, there's a good chance you make the shot no problem, but what if one of those bullets hits the fence, ricochets down to your house and leaves a chunk of wall missing right where your wife or kid sits by?

In general, I don't shoot through fencing, it's just amateur. Why not wait for the fox to come around and give a good shot opportunity? Why not move around and make a good shot opportunity? If you know where the animals come from (based on your hog video and the fox video they are coming form the same corner of your lot) then set up to where you will be able to shoot and have safe follow up shots?

That's why I don't understand this shot. It is amateur, could have been reckless, and with the pigs it could have led to more damage than just a dead hog. A good hunter will hold off on shots that aren't nearly perfect, or have a really high chance of success. I have seen countless videos of bow hunters holding full draw with an animal 20 yards away but some brush or something in between...could they squeeze a shot in there, sure, but is it the right thing to do? Same here, wait for the shot opportunity to present itself, instead of being a 12 yo boy and blowing your wad before the fun even starts. learn some self control dude. I think that's what drives most of us crazy about your videos, they show little in restraint and a lot of seeming carelessness. I know you care, so start showing it.

If this was at my house then yes you would be 100% correct. But this was way out in Rock Springs in the middle of no where.. Nothing around for miles. Safety is always a top priority for me.

But you do make a point and I could have easily waited for it to come around. But honestly with the full moon and us standing in the open the odds of him seeing us and taking off was high, and I new it was safe to do the shot thru the fence. Worse case I missed and there was a ding in my fencing.

I should have done a better job of explaining that.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum