Texas Hunting Forum

That silly Fox

Posted By: 603Country

That silly Fox - 04/16/19 02:25 AM

I guess it’s the same Fox I caught the other night. I came home just now to find the Fox standing by the baited trap. I went in the house to get the spotlight and stepped out into the front yard and put the light on the trap. There was the Fox. Didn’t run, though he did look nervous. I’m guessing this isn’t the smartest Fox in these woods. I’m baiting with dry cat food, and it must smell great.

The wife is so afraid I might shoot the Fox. I might trap him 37 times, but I won’t shoot him.

Geez. I have a pet Fox...
Posted By: TCM3

Re: That silly Fox - 04/16/19 03:33 AM

Shoot and you won't have to worry about trapping him.

Re: That silly Fox - 04/18/19 02:29 PM

I know where the little Fox lives. He or she came strolling out from under our guest cabin, as I sat quietly on my Honda Rancher. She looked me over, decided there was no threat, and trotted off to the woods.
Posted By: Cast

Re: That silly Fox - 04/18/19 03:14 PM

A semi domesticated fox would be a great asset to a camp site, right? No mice for sure. Will foxes do snakes too?

Re: That silly Fox - 04/18/19 04:13 PM

It would be good if some critter ate the mice. Our two cats are pretty much worthless in that regard. They’ll munch a bird occasionally, but that’s about it.

Re: That silly Fox - 04/18/19 04:34 PM

I watched a red fox hunt mice for about an hour in the NH woods once. There were no mice in that particular transmitter shack.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: That silly Fox - 04/19/19 12:14 PM

I can't think of a cooler adopted animal to hang around the house. They give the mice hell. up
Posted By: Palehorse

Re: That silly Fox - 04/19/19 01:01 PM

I don't raise chickens so foxes get a pass around my place. Good critters to have around. Same with bobcats.

Re: That silly Fox - 04/19/19 01:31 PM

I looked it up. Red foxes will occasionally eat snakes.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: That silly Fox - 04/20/19 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
I can't think of a cooler adopted animal to hang around the house. They give the mice hell. up

X2
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: That silly Fox - 04/20/19 01:36 AM

I raised a wild one, he was just old enough to be a touch wild that never went away. But he was fun....like a cross between a cat and a dog, fun and playful when he wanted to be and cantankerous and ornery other times.

Re: That silly Fox - 04/20/19 01:41 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Found a couple pics, he got too much for the house and I moved him outside to a big cage.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: That silly Fox - 04/20/19 01:54 AM

cheers
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: That silly Fox - 04/24/19 05:53 PM

Too cute , my wife would love it
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: That silly Fox - 04/24/19 06:56 PM

Very cool. Just goes to show that we don't have to kill everything just because we can.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: That silly Fox - 04/24/19 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by TCM3
Shoot and you won't have to worry about trapping him.

we don't have to kill every thing that moves, its been proven that fox help keep a check on ticks, how you ask? they help control mice & rats ect that are host for the tick ect.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: That silly Fox - 04/30/19 02:55 PM

Need some new pics of this little guy

Re: That silly Fox - 05/01/19 02:11 PM

If your talking about my guy, I let him go out at a woman's house who had some others she raised. No idea whatever happened to him.
Posted By: 10 Gauge

Re: That silly Fox - 05/06/19 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Found a couple pics, he got too much for the house and I moved him outside to a big cage.

My daughters would love that
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum