Texas Hunting Forum

Bobcat mount recommendations

Posted By: unclebubba

Bobcat mount recommendations - 02/13/18 12:44 PM

I have two cats and have a particular mount in mind. I took them to a taxidermist who has done good work for me on deer, and he said that he could only do a mount in one of the commercially available molds. Is there a good taxidermist that will make their own molds or modify molds to get the poses that I'm looking for? I have a cedar log standing upright, and I want one cat towards the top looking down at the other cat who is coming up the log. I'll post a pic of the log when I get in front of my computer.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Bobcat mount recommendations - 02/13/18 01:50 PM

Here is the log that I want them mounted on, One up top looking down, and the other coming up the "tree"

Here are the cats.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Bobcat mount recommendations - 02/13/18 03:37 PM

you might give Billington Ranch Taxidermy a call to see if they can make their own forms/molds. Evelyn and Mike do really good work on cats!

1420 County Road 254, Georgetown, TX

(254) 793-2120

Billington Ranch Taxidermy
Posted By: Drop Tine

Re: Bobcat mount recommendations - 02/17/18 03:56 PM

God's Creations Taxidermy
Mark is changing up the form on mine to fit what I was wanting and does excellent work! One of the best "Cat" guys out there!
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Bobcat mount recommendations - 02/19/18 08:34 PM

I have been incredibly pleased with everyone out of http://www.thesportsmansmemoryshop.com/ They're 10-20% more than other shops, but are worth every penny.
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: Bobcat mount recommendations - 02/20/18 02:30 AM

Gonna be a great display when finished.
Posted By: P&Y Bowhunter

Re: Bobcat mount recommendations - 02/25/18 02:18 AM

Congratulations. Nice cats.
I was wondering about getting one tanned and hanging the hide on the wall. I guess the guys who mount them could do that as well.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum