Texas Hunting Forum

So y’all tell me....

Posted By: DWADR

So y’all tell me.... - 01/31/18 02:01 AM

Again, total newbie at this, but converting quickly. I was out at my duck lease last weekend sitting by by the fire and I heard 3 different groups of coyotes howling. West, north and east of our location. Probably within a half mile or so from one another. Are these different packs or separate? If they are separate, is that a lot of coyotes in one area? Now that duck season is over, I plan on exterminating a few of them.
Posted By: crozierk

Re: So y’all tell me.... - 01/31/18 04:22 PM

I don't have much experience either, but have had similar experiences out at our place. On game cameras I only ever see one, and when you watch a lot of coyote hunting vids it seems like there is usually two or so, maybe three. My guess so far has been that maybe the coyotes around us hang out but don't move around together 24/7. Seems like maybe its a couple here, few there, one over there just sort of talking and checking in. Literally just a guess so definitely don't take it as gospel. lol
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: So y’all tell me.... - 02/04/18 10:55 AM

I have had 4 come to me calling one time. They all came within 1 min of me starting to call. One at first and within 20 sec the other three came same direction. I have game camera shots of singles and 2-3 at a time. I live in the country and hear several groups at the same time often. I believe they are sounding off in their territory letting others know they are home. 2cents
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum