Texas Hunting Forum

Hog Trap for Coyote?

Posted By: a74aggie

Hog Trap for Coyote? - 10/18/17 11:03 PM

Can I use a hog trap with a live chicken as bait to catch a coyote?
It is feasible or am I nuts?
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Hog Trap for Coyote? - 10/18/17 11:06 PM

I'd think if it has a floor so they can't dig out and the squares are small enough they can't get through them then it would work. You may have to put the chicken in a smaller cage at the back of the hog cage and then brush it in so the coyote can't approach from behind and realize it can't get the chicken you also might have to modify the trigger in some way.
Posted By: mikei

Re: Hog Trap for Coyote? - 10/19/17 01:43 AM

Definitely feasible. Do what SapperT says and give it riff! Let us know how it works out for you.
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Hog Trap for Coyote? - 10/19/17 09:14 AM

It might work. Might be worth a try. Post pics if it does. up
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Hog Trap for Coyote? - 10/19/17 03:39 PM

worthless
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Hog Trap for Coyote? - 10/19/17 06:56 PM

Live COYOTES are currently under a statewide rabies quarantine that prohibits them from being transported or sold in Texas (see exceptions). For information on the rabies quarantine, visit the Texas Department of State Health Services Infectious Disease Control Unit Web site.
Posted By: breadman

Re: Hog Trap for Coyote? - 10/20/17 11:31 PM

tractor supply sells one with a bait cage built in , plenty big enough for a coyote .but as snipertitan said you gotta brush it in well .I`ve caught a few it mine but you cant leave them in long or they will weeken the trap. if I remember correctly they run about 179.00
Posted By: a74aggie

Re: Hog Trap for Coyote? - 10/21/17 01:09 AM

I will post pics for sure. I like the bait cage built in idea. I'm retired and live on the property, so I could check it morning, noon, and night.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum