Texas Hunting Forum

Armasight Predator First Review/Hunt

Posted By: Afalex1

Armasight Predator First Review/Hunt - 11/10/15 12:22 AM

A couple friends and I went looking for hogs on Halloween night. As the sun started to set we zeroed our rifles with some new scopes to evaluate and try out on the swine that have been continually tearing up the dairies. I was lucky enough to setup my rifle with a new Armasight Predator.

The first dairy we made it to was covered in mud and we had a long hike to the sounder of hogs we spotted. I think we trudged through .5 mile of freshly plowed and planted, 6 inch deep mud to reach the vermin, but it was completely worth it. The six hogs we saw from roughly 500 yards away turned into around 30 once we cleared a rise.

The night was around 52 degrees f, 95% humidity, with a slight breeze. The video is through the Armasight Predator. Two guys are to my right with most of the hogs in their view. The first boar I shoot is 120 yards and the second runner is around 40 yards. The summersaulting piglet is at 50 yards.

I feel that the Armasight Predator is a great scope to get started with thermal hunting. It is lightweight, robust, and made with the same parts as Armasight's more expensive scopes. The 25mm lens, 336x256 pixel array, and Tau 2 17 micron Flir core pair well together to create a very useable/affordable option. This scope is very effective for the typical hunting ranges of 30-175 yards. Enjoy the video.

Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Armasight Predator First Review/Hunt - 11/10/15 12:31 AM

Nicely done!!!
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: Armasight Predator First Review/Hunt - 11/10/15 12:49 AM

Nice write up and great job on the video! up

Re: Armasight Predator First Review/Hunt - 11/10/15 01:03 AM

Thank you gents.
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: Armasight Predator First Review/Hunt - 11/10/15 01:23 AM

Sound was great on that video, good shooting
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Armasight Predator First Review/Hunt - 11/10/15 03:56 AM

Originally Posted By: dfwroadkill
Nice write up and great job on the video! up
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Armasight Predator First Review/Hunt - 11/10/15 03:57 AM

Great shooting
Posted By: Tru2lifetaxidermy

Re: Armasight Predator First Review/Hunt - 11/10/15 04:00 AM

Right on Alex. Can't wait to see the video from this weekend was fun and great to see you again brother! I already posted the pics of the 6 we got on Friday

Re: Armasight Predator First Review/Hunt - 11/12/15 01:59 AM

I'm working on editing the other video. Gotta a few things keeping me from it. It will be on here soon.
Posted By: Bearclaw

Re: Armasight Predator First Review/Hunt - 11/12/15 11:51 PM

Good shootin bud!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum