Texas Hunting Forum

Varmint Hunting in Bastrop County

Posted By: Wes P.

Varmint Hunting in Bastrop County - 10/29/15 01:47 PM

Hey Folks,
New to the forum, so I would like to say thanks for having me. I am fairly new to the Bastrop area. I moved here from NC where I was stationed with the USMC. I am looking for places to hunt. I am mostly looking for varmints. I figured I would ask around on here and see if anyone knows of anyone. Get my network up and running. Thanks in advance!

Semper Fi!

Wes
Posted By: Bar-D

Re: Varmint Hunting in Bastrop County - 10/29/15 02:32 PM

Hope you find somewhere to hunt, I'm a long way from Bastrop so I can't help you. Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Varmint Hunting in Bastrop County - 10/29/15 02:43 PM

welcome to the forum, its difficult to get on private property, get acquainted, church, coffee shops, feed stores ect, don't say anything about hunting firs off.
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Varmint Hunting in Bastrop County - 10/29/15 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By: colt45
welcome to the forum, its difficult to get on private property, get acquainted, church, coffee shops, feed stores ect, don't say anything about hunting firs off.

What he said. There's a lot of rural land in Bastrop County, make friends and over time work hunting into the conversation where it fits. It's worked for me on a couple of occasions. Good Luck, and welcome to Texas and to this forum.
Posted By: Wes P.

Re: Varmint Hunting in Bastrop County - 10/29/15 03:39 PM

Thanks gents! Always been a Texas boy, lets get that straight!! ha! North Texas though. Thanks again everyone. Ive got some family out in Smithville that I've met some new people with. They go to the Cowboy Church. Been once, maybe I should get my tail back in there.
Posted By: glens

Re: Varmint Hunting in Bastrop County - 11/02/15 11:10 PM

PM sent
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum