Texas Hunting Forum

how to get out there

Posted By: spydergto

how to get out there - 10/16/15 01:09 AM

guys , so I now have plenty of free time but no income lol halliburton laid me off. I desperatly want to just get out in the woods to shoot some hogs but have zero income

how do you guys do it ? previously I was looking to buy land but that blew over quickly into just try to pay bills

any one know how or where to go shoot pigs on a budget?
Posted By: Kawabuggy

Re: how to get out there - 10/16/15 02:01 AM

Public land. It's $48 for the hunting license, and then some more money for the APH (not sure which public lands, if not all, require it so check into that). Then, it's just gas to get out there.
Posted By: rickym

Re: how to get out there - 10/16/15 12:50 PM

^^^ this or look for a cheap hog hunt, they can be found for under 200.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: how to get out there - 10/16/15 02:02 PM

cheers Having hunting withdrawls here... As pappy once said: Don't do no good ta complain seen several threads were people getting out of hunting... Thinking of starting a support group, High Price of Hunting ... The $48.00 WMA permit cheapest way ta go... The 24-7-365 hunting presure on surounding privet land can make them a hot spot... OSBWMA been my ta-go-to place... Check out public hunting land lower in forum... Beat wishes flag
Posted By: crumrw

Re: how to get out there - 10/18/15 02:21 AM

Corp land was how I started.
Posted By: Wader

Re: how to get out there - 10/18/15 02:56 AM

Nothing like the feeling of harvesting game on public land. The swampy back waters of many lakes are just covered in hogs. Just read the local rules. Some places are shotgun or archery only. Some places get a fair bit of traffic from guys running dogs. Be safe and have fun.

-ww
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: how to get out there - 10/19/15 01:12 AM

Ammo alone is a fortune - goodluck
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum