Texas Hunting Forum

Hog Hunting

Posted By: cerda12

Hog Hunting - 09/25/15 05:39 PM

Hey guys has anyone heard about or checked this place out? I've been wanting for the longest time take a hog. For $50 it seems like it might be worth a try. Let me know if anyone has any info. Thanks

Hog Hunting
Posted By: TXGH

Re: Hog Hunting - 09/25/15 06:11 PM

Gotta watch those craigs list laces I have been BURNED MANY TIMES with them.. I found a NICE place off of I 10 about 1.5 hours west of Houston. The guy is top notch.. Fenced 100 acres with TONS of hogs! 200 for 3 Hogs and no kill no pay. He only allows one group at a time on his place so you guys have the run of it when there. 2 feeders set up and they are both covered with hogs.. He even allows you to hit the TEST button if you want the hogs to come in early by setting the feeder off. When I go I get there at 5:30pm to set up for when the feeder goes off at 6pm. They come a runnin! I will shoot a hog there, then back out of that area, drive to the other side and walk into that blind from behind (the hogs never see you) and they are already at this feeder. Then shoot one there, then back out and go back to the other one. It may be a hour or so till they come back to either feeder but they always come back.

Its not the typical stalk and hunt, and is like Pen hunting, but to shoot a hog, get some meat for a good price he has got you covered.

If you want his number message me.

Last night pics

Posted By: cliffie

Re: Hog Hunting - 09/27/15 04:07 AM

What size hogs are you getting at that place near Houston?
My kid lives in HOU so I might want to stop on the way home to fill the ice chest
Don't care about the fence I'm just looking for meat and some fun.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Hog Hunting - 09/27/15 02:08 PM

Whats My Answer ya ask ? the $48.00 permit is cheapest i've found... rofl $50.00 sounds too good ta be true... Yet, ya never know... i've had great success.... My net survice not best, took several temps ta open up THF, & half time have ta re-log in... confused2 Some times it says: name doesn't match discription ... i'm not muyloco, Gov. been spying on me, okay, maybe a little loco i've been tested.... Sorry not much help... flag

Re: Hog Hunting - 09/27/15 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By: cliffie
My kid lives in HOU so I might want to stop on the way home to fill the ice chest

200 for three hogs. no kill no pay
Posted By: luvpigmeet

Re: Hog Hunting - 09/27/15 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By: jtprocaddie
Originally Posted By: cliffie

200 for three hogs. no kill no pay

Size???????????????????? 150, 200, 300, etc. etc. Thanks

Re: Hog Hunting - 09/27/15 03:32 PM

just Googled the phone number. Looks like 5G Ranch. they do have a Facebook page.

Re: Hog Hunting - 09/27/15 03:32 PM

This is in regards to the craigslist add.
Posted By: mikei

Re: Hog Hunting - 09/27/15 05:10 PM

Originally Posted By: jtprocaddie
Gotta watch those craigs list laces I have been BURNED MANY TIMES with them.. I found a NICE place off of I 10 about 1.5 hours west of Houston. The guy is top notch.. Fenced 100 acres with TONS of hogs! 200 for 3 Hogs and no kill no pay. He only allows one group at a time on his place so you guys have the run of it when there. 2 feeders set up and they are both covered with hogs.. He even allows you to hit the TEST button if you want the hogs to come in early by setting the feeder off. When I go I get there at 5:30pm to set up for when the feeder goes off at 6pm. They come a runnin! I will shoot a hog there, then back out of that area, drive to the other side and walk into that blind from behind (the hogs never see you) and they are already at this feeder. Then shoot one there, then back out and go back to the other one. It may be a hour or so till they come back to either feeder but they always come back.

What I'd suggest you do is call and ask for references before you commit any money! If they won't give you a reference or two for you to call it might be best to take a pass. . .

Its not the typical stalk and hunt, and is like Pen hunting, but to shoot a hog, get some meat for a good price he has got you covered.

If you want his number message me.

Last night pics

Re: Hog Hunting - 09/27/15 07:16 PM

At the ranch I was talking about they have from piglets to around 150ish. No monsters from what I have seen.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum