Texas Hunting Forum

cool sighting....

Posted By: ccreyeder

cool sighting.... - 02/23/15 10:18 PM

This Saturday was down at the lease. Did a little work around the place, drove around on the 4 wheeler, scouting locations for later that night's hog hunt...

About an hour before sundown, decided to sit at one of the stock tanks I have had luck at before. Got myself all settled in on the ground, hidden by some ground cover/branches, etc.. About 30 min later as I was sitting there, a bobcat came out to my left not more than 15-20 yards away and started drinking. It was there for quite a while before noticing me, then, we stared at each other for a while and finally, it took off..

I tried to get some video of it, but my old eyes cant see the dang view finder on my camera anymore, so just kinda aimed it in that direction hoping for the best lol... Looking at it later, all I got was branches, rocks and grass lol..

I know! Pix would have been nice, but it was still cool. Closest I've been to a bobcat. Well, a live one anyway lol
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: cool sighting.... - 02/23/15 11:10 PM

cheers know the feeling, short video put on here, just got lucky, took while ta find it in veiw finder, had it locked down. Took another video but lots of branches, tried zooming it in, just got blurry. Enjoy reading your post sir. Edit:. Dang small keys. Hit wrong ones. flag
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: cool sighting.... - 02/24/15 12:06 AM

Good times! Great adventure! up
Posted By: syncerus

Re: cool sighting.... - 02/24/15 03:19 AM

A couple years ago, I came across this while hunting.

Broad daylight, a few minutes after firing a shot. You can never tell.
Posted By: Beaubien

Re: cool sighting.... - 02/24/15 04:37 AM

I'm jealous. I would love to see or shoot one on mine.

Ccreyeder don't feel too bad, I need my glasses to find my glasses. That must have been a great experience.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: cool sighting.... - 02/24/15 05:02 AM

Better luck next time with pics. up
Posted By: 603Country

Re: cool sighting.... - 02/24/15 04:39 PM

I have one bobcat that I see regularly. Always moving south across the power line ROW. Not gonna shoot him.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: cool sighting.... - 02/24/15 05:02 PM

I think they're really cool creatures and I couldn't bring myself to shoot them. Seen two while hunting. This last season was in the blind watching a doe, She was nervous as heck and kept looking between the blind and my ride. This went on for a while until she ran off into the trees. Scratching my head on whether she was not liking my ride there or what when I noticed movement below my blind and to the side. Pretty bobcat was walking (actually seemed to be strutting) in the road and then veered off into the brush to the side of me. Never knew I was there. Awhile later that doe came back out on the other side and started eating again, but kept looking into the area where the bobcat entered. Another reason to be in the great outdoors!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum