Texas Hunting Forum

Camping and hunting with my boys ....??

Posted By: tannerlst

Camping and hunting with my boys ....?? - 02/11/15 04:33 PM

After the recent death of my brother we decided we need to spend more time as a family . Me and my father would like to take the kids camping somewhere soon and would like to take em calling for predators . Anyone know of a wma that allows camping and allows rifles or at least .22's/rimfires ? Trying to find something that isn't shotgun/bow only . North Texas would be best as my dad lives in Oklahoma . But we are also game for a further away adventure if nothing is close

Re: Camping and hunting with my boys ....?? - 02/12/15 06:12 PM

Anyone ?anyone ? Bueller?
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Camping and hunting with my boys ....?? - 02/12/15 06:50 PM

Caddo National Grasslands has camping and you can use regular firearms.

Caddo National Grasslands

Re: Camping and hunting with my boys ....?? - 02/13/15 12:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Choctaw
Caddo National Grasslands has camping and you can use regular firearms.

Caddo National Grasslands

Thank u I stopped by the caddo grasslands office and got a map and info
Posted By: Cast

Re: Camping and hunting with my boys ....?? - 02/13/15 02:36 PM

It's pretty crowded up there but will work for camping with the boys. There have been some dicey folks staying in the campgrounds. Keep an eye out.

Re: Camping and hunting with my boys ....?? - 02/13/15 05:36 PM

Well that sucks
Posted By: Jaydub

Re: Camping and hunting with my boys ....?? - 02/13/15 06:18 PM

I hunt a property that abutes the Ladonia parcel of Caddo. I was bow hunting hogs last Friday and had groups of coyotes howling all around me. Probably 3-4 different groups. One thing to be aware of, the boundaries of the hunting area that show up on Google Map are not correct. Make sure you go by the map you got from the office.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Camping and hunting with my boys ....?? - 02/13/15 06:20 PM

Regarding dicey, I would feel safer at Caddo Grasslands than anywhere close to Stephenville Courthouse today. coach You might consider license requirements and regs on you and others since someone is going to be out of state it appears. scratch

Just a thought, Cast is correct.
© 2019 Texas Hunting Forum