Texas Hunting Forum

Heli hunting for hogs

Posted By: Texsun

Heli hunting for hogs - 02/04/15 02:22 AM

Might get an opportunity to go. Has anyone here done it? How was it?
Posted By: wacorusty

Re: Heli hunting for hogs - 02/04/15 03:55 AM

I got real close to booking with a Houston guy, but couldn't justify the money.
Posted By: WTGuide

Re: Heli hunting for hogs - 02/04/15 04:06 AM

It's a blast
Posted By: Believer

Re: Heli hunting for hogs - 02/04/15 04:27 AM

I go out with Heli Hunters and most everyone is ecstatic about it.
Posted By: Tres

Re: Heli hunting for hogs - 02/04/15 04:31 AM

Currently waiting on lottery payout before I book.
Posted By: aeb

Re: Heli hunting for hogs - 02/04/15 06:11 AM

Tried it on my place with yotes. Too much brush.
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: Heli hunting for hogs - 02/04/15 12:59 PM

Make sure that you have landowner permission to hunt. We have an idiot that poaches our lease periodically. He runs the hogs like hogdoggers and doesn't care about boundary lines. He says he asks the guy who runs the cattle, but he doesn't ask the landowner or the people with ALL the hunting rights (US). If we can catch him, TPWD will have a new helicopter.
Posted By: LoneRanger220

Re: Heli hunting for hogs - 02/04/15 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By: stinkbelly
Make sure that you have landowner permission to hunt. We have an idiot that poaches our lease periodically. He runs the hogs like hogdoggers and doesn't care about boundary lines. He says he asks the guy who runs the cattle, but he doesn't ask the landowner or the people with ALL the hunting rights (US). If we can catch him, TPWD will have a new helicopter.
up
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Heli hunting for hogs - 02/04/15 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: stinkbelly

Happens with duckhunters too, all the time.
Posted By: Chupacabra1242

Re: Heli hunting for hogs - 02/04/15 03:59 PM

I've not been able to justify the costs as well but have looked into a unique opportunity, check out www.dehogger.com it's a lot cheaper and looks to be a fun alternative to the chopper hunt.
Posted By: ffread

Re: Heli hunting for hogs - 02/05/15 04:57 AM

I have went and it is a blast, we shot them with shotguns and it was pretty intense at times! Luckily I didn't have to pay but I would say it's well worth the money! It is a lot easier than I would have imagined.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum