Texas Hunting Forum

Wanting to give hog hunting a go in Texas while on vacation

Posted By: RynosGPD

Wanting to give hog hunting a go in Texas while on vacation - 01/27/15 08:37 PM

Hi All

I am coming over from New Zealand with my girlfriend this May to see her parents in Texas. While I am there I am really keen on organising a hog hunt for a day or so. Can anyone give me any tips on how best to do this on a limited budget? Is it best to go to ranches and if so can you recommend any? I have done a bit of googling about this and it looks like I have to get a 5 day exotic licence plus I think I saw something about sitting a online test to use firearms in the US?

Any information would be greatly appreciated - I will be staying in the Dallas region most of the time.

Cheers
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: Wanting to give hog hunting a go in Texas while on vacation - 01/28/15 12:53 AM

Contact Elite Outdoorsman. They offer some great hog hunting. Trophyhuntstexas.com
Posted By: Hogz

Re: Wanting to give hog hunting a go in Texas while on vacation - 01/28/15 08:37 PM

Check out HUNTERS CREEK RANCH !! It is in Mt Vernon,Tx

We will be heading there soon for our 4th year in a row!! For only $275/day. You get 2 hogs (1 over 100lbs and 1 under) plus 3 meals and lodging! We love this place!!

Give Bob a call...he usually slows down on hog hunts in May so they can bowfish alligator gar around that time..but given your circumstance...he would probably hook you up!!

This place is AWESOME! Tons of hogs! Great set ups! And the price is GREAT compared to other ranches!
Check out their website!!

www.hunterscreekranchtx.com

Tell him Jeff said hello!
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Wanting to give hog hunting a go in Texas while on vacation - 01/29/15 01:29 AM

I will look into it for ya, we will have hunts going then.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum