Texas Hunting Forum

Rabbit Hunt With Dogs

Posted By: STEW

Rabbit Hunt With Dogs - 01/19/15 07:17 PM

Does anyone rabbit hunt with dogs. Being from Mississippi, I grew up rabbit hunting with dogs. It seems as no one in the DFW rabbits hunts. Its just something about the sound of beagles jumping a rabbit.
Posted By: macec3(TX)

Re: Rabbit Hunt With Dogs - 01/19/15 11:41 PM

I have a beagle and a beagle/rat terrier mix. They run almost every day here at our house. We are in a very rural area, so the dogs run loose and run rabbits whenever they want. Beagle has a good mouth and I enjoy hearing him when the trail is hot.
Posted By: HR3

Re: Rabbit Hunt With Dogs - 01/31/15 05:16 AM

following, if yall get a hunt together let me know
Posted By: Jaydub

Re: Rabbit Hunt With Dogs - 01/31/15 01:00 PM

HR3, I'm right there with you. I live in Lucas and grew up in Amite. We always had 5-6 beagles and my best friend always had a couple of squirrel dogs. All we hunted growing up were rabbits and squirrels. I've had the chance to take my son on a good squirrel hunt with dogs over in Longview and would love for him to experience rabbit hunting.
Posted By: stxhunter

Re: Rabbit Hunt With Dogs - 02/01/15 09:00 PM

This guy does http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510315 . I've seen a lot of his posts, he's always working his beagles!!
Posted By: KYBLUEFAN

Re: Rabbit Hunt With Dogs - 02/03/15 10:51 PM

I absolutely love hunting rabbits over beagles. Your blood starts pumping good when you know he's close and you're trying to anticipate where he's going to pop out. Many of good times hunting with friends.

Eta that was in Kentucky of course. Not many rabbit hunters around here.
Posted By: HR3

Re: Rabbit Hunt With Dogs - 02/05/15 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaydub
HR3, I'm right there with you. I live in Lucas and grew up in Amite. We always had 5-6 beagles and my best friend always had a couple of squirrel dogs. All we hunted growing up were rabbits and squirrels. I've had the chance to take my son on a good squirrel hunt with dogs over in Longview and would love for him to experience rabbit hunting.

I used to belong to the east Texas Beagle club, joined to get hooked up with rabbit runners stopped keeping them before I moved here.....might get a Fiest and a Beagle to keep around the house and run on Lavon
Posted By: Jaydub

Re: Rabbit Hunt With Dogs - 02/05/15 04:15 PM

A good area with thickets would be the Corps hunting area at the intersection of CR318 and CR325, just below the McKinney airport and Lowry Crossing.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum