Texas Hunting Forum

"Cruel and Unsportsmanlike Behavior" Cali aims to ban coyote contests.........

Posted By: HuntTXhogs

"Cruel and Unsportsmanlike Behavior" Cali aims to ban coyote contests......... - 12/03/14 04:41 PM

Sorry if a repost, I just read this and I'm shaking my head

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/california-coyote-killing-contests-face-ban/ar-BBggBKX
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: "Cruel and Unsportsmanlike Behavior" Cali aims to ban coyote contests......... - 12/03/14 05:15 PM

AND those people are moving to Texas, Austin is overgrown with west coast tree huggers
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: "Cruel and Unsportsmanlike Behavior" Cali aims to ban coyote contests......... - 12/03/14 05:32 PM

Ugh... cry
Posted By: ZenArchery

Re: "Cruel and Unsportsmanlike Behavior" Cali aims to ban coyote contests......... - 12/03/14 06:06 PM

California. Nuf said.
Posted By: Bar-D

Re: "Cruel and Unsportsmanlike Behavior" Cali aims to ban coyote contests......... - 12/03/14 07:10 PM

If "Camilla Fox, executive director of Project Coyote"had ever had a pack of coyotes attack a cow that has laid down and having a calf she might see things differently. I have had this happen numerous times over the years, most recently about two months ago. When the coyotes eat into the rear end and out through the belly, it does not endear them to me as an "essential part of the landscape". However, it makes me do my best to make every coyote I can become a permanent part of the landscape.

Re: "Cruel and Unsportsmanlike Behavior" Cali aims to ban coyote contests......... - 12/03/14 07:20 PM

Well said bar-d
Posted By: Ronnie Oneal

Re: "Cruel and Unsportsmanlike Behavior" Cali aims to ban coyote contests......... - 12/03/14 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: colt45
AND those people are moving to Texas, Austin is overgrown with west coast tree huggers

We got to get this colt45 and the other colt.45 names in different colors or something!!!! I read his comment and thought wow that made since and no texas or banana or hammer ????? I was amazed until I figured out there are 2 (colt45 ).
Posted By: burkie38

Re: "Cruel and Unsportsmanlike Behavior" Cali aims to ban coyote contests......... - 12/04/14 02:55 AM

No kidding I understood what he said
Posted By: taterpop

Re: "Cruel and Unsportsmanlike Behavior" Cali aims to ban coyote contests......... - 12/05/14 12:46 AM

Yes Sir, tree huggers in Texas,just read the corp land hunting regs. and you will see Tree Hugger all over it.
Posted By: song dog down

Re: "Cruel and Unsportsmanlike Behavior" Cali aims to ban coyote contests......... - 12/10/14 02:16 PM

how about adding them to the quarry list. Lets say about 5 points for each one aim
Posted By: MAJKF

Re: "Cruel and Unsportsmanlike Behavior" Cali aims to ban coyote contests......... - 12/12/14 05:12 PM

those damn coyotes are everywhere in California. the contest and the recreational hunting aren't making any kind of dent. for that matter the whole damn state is overrun with suburban turkeys too!
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: "Cruel and Unsportsmanlike Behavior" Cali aims to ban coyote contests......... - 12/12/14 05:14 PM

It is funny to me all the people bailing out of Cali because it sucks now, then coming here and wanting to make it the exact same. Stay in that liberal sh!thole and leave Texas alone.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: "Cruel and Unsportsmanlike Behavior" Cali aims to ban coyote contests......... - 12/12/14 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By: rexmitchell
It is funny to me all the people bailing out of Cali because it sucks now, then coming here and wanting to make it the exact same. Stay in that liberal sh!thole and leave Texas alone.

Texans and Californians are both trying to do the same in Ruidoso. I saw a Texas woman tell some store clerk that her store in Texas had what she wanted, the clerk politely said, then go back to Texas. I started laughing, the lady got all whizzed off, then the clerk started laughing. When I came out of the store she was standing there, she tried to smart mouthed me, I busted out laughing, made her mad as hell, then her husband got in a word. I said take Highway 70 to 380, and you will be back in Texas in 3 hours, "BYE".

Re: "Cruel and Unsportsmanlike Behavior" Cali aims to ban coyote contests......... - 12/27/14 07:45 PM

An additional story out of California, this one outlines other methods of killing off Yotes whereby activists are against.

So not happy with hunting or otherewise, where to go from here?

[url=]http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/in-war-...them/ar-BBh9cEO[/url]

Re: "Cruel and Unsportsmanlike Behavior" Cali aims to ban coyote contests......... - 12/27/14 07:48 PM

nidea

Re: "Cruel and Unsportsmanlike Behavior" Cali aims to ban coyote contests......... - 12/31/14 03:54 PM

A blurring of the lines on State sponsored Coyote culling

In Utah, so the story relates, the coyotes hunters mistakenly shot a wolf (protected species).

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/grand-canyon-gray-wolf-may-have-been-shot-in-utah/ar-BBhmqwx

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=32915140&nid...;s_cid=topstory

Unfortunate, however too little is known regarding the equipment/setup and circumstances so perhaps in court it will get squared away and the information will come to light later - hope they were doing things on the up and up.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: "Cruel and Unsportsmanlike Behavior" Cali aims to ban coyote contests......... - 12/31/14 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: colt45

I don't consider Austin a part of Tx anymore cheers

Re: "Cruel and Unsportsmanlike Behavior" Cali aims to ban coyote contests......... - 02/03/15 03:34 PM

http://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/article...h.ekcx9B2E.dpbs

The story above references California's ban on coyote hunting contests and The Project Coyote advocate group...
Posted By: passthru

Re: "Cruel and Unsportsmanlike Behavior" Cali aims to ban coyote contests......... - 02/03/15 08:37 PM

If I saw a wolf the shooting would not be an "mistaken" shooting. We killed them off for a reason, just like we try to thin the coyotes.
Posted By: fill

Re: "Cruel and Unsportsmanlike Behavior" Cali aims to ban coyote contests......... - 02/03/15 11:54 PM

CA is swirling the drain. Trust me, Ive lived the reality of it for far too long now. This Camilla Fox lady is trying to rationalize her neurotic cause with nothing more than emotional drivel. Scientific data and facts are just not in her cards. She is under the illusion that these contests consist of execution style firing squads that are shooting innocent packs of coyote that are doing nothing more than playing and rolling around in flowery meadows. She went on record last month stating that the CA DFW allows for unregulated shooting of bobcats, coyotes, and gray fox without any lisc or tags. And the sheep around here take her input as the experienced truth, and rally behind her. It is so bizarre how delusional most Californians are and eat this garbage up.

Many regions of CA, even inner-cities, are overrun with coyotes that are becoming more conditioned to human interaction. Just the other day an adult female jogger was attacked here in SD by a coyote. 6 years ago our dog was attacked no more than 10ft from the front door of my ground floor apt/condo. Where I live now in east SD domestic dogs and cats are being taken right out of peoples back yards on a weekly basis. All because people are being casted as monsters for hunting them. So in turn, they are about as out of control as your guys feral hog explosion that you're experiencing.

We've had it....we're done with CA! See my "Socal transplant" post below. Texans say they are tired of liberals moving to TX and bringing their liberal baggage with them? Well, you will not have that problem with this family. I have no doubts that we will fit right in here. It doesnt get much more Conservative than us.
Posted By: retired_ole_sargent

Re: "Cruel and Unsportsmanlike Behavior" Cali aims to ban coyote contests......... - 02/04/15 07:28 PM

Fill,

I remember a few years ago driving out on a rural road a few miles outside of Livermore CA and say six coyotes sitting in a field only about a mile out of town. Needless to say they have multiplied in numbers since then since where they were at, if you fire a gun be prepared to get arrested.

California sheep think no one should have a gun. Yes that state is hosed and I think we should build a fence around it and lock the sheep in. Everybody else can come and go as they please.

Besides a coyote problem California also has a wild turkey problem and too may deer in the Bay Area. Can't kill them either
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: "Cruel and Unsportsmanlike Behavior" Cali aims to ban coyote contests......... - 02/04/15 08:03 PM

Kill any coyote everywhere he can be found-with extreme prejudice.

That said, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to anticipate photos with piles of dead animals will generate blowback-especially in a nuthouse like California.
Posted By: DStroud

Re: "Cruel and Unsportsmanlike Behavior" Cali aims to ban coyote contests......... - 02/09/15 03:25 AM

Guys these folks while misguided and uninformed they have big dollars backing them and they are NOT just in California. They protested the Predator Masters Convention last year in Las Cruzes, NM and this years event that was held at the Safari Club Headquarters in Tucson, Az.
Last night they had about 100-150 protesters along the road leading into the event and it was all over the news out there.
I just got back home from the event and while they did not interfere at all with all the goings on it was still aggravating how they just made up stuff to get the locals all riled up. They said it was a contest which is wasn't and never has been a contest. They showed pictures of dead coyotes scattered around to make it look like they were just massacred all over the desert.. it was amazing the misinformation they were putting out to the media. The local paper had to print a a retraction of a total lie they got from these folks after the Game and Fish rallied to stand up for us.

I could see in the not to distant future events like the West Texas Big Bobcat contest being shut down by these folks due to the fact it's drawing so many hunter and they are drawn to anything BIG that they can get media coverage of. With the kind of money they are paying out Project Coyote folks would have a field day with that event.
While I have hunted in a few contests myself I have always felt it reflects badly when you are shooting animals to win money to your average non-hunter who has no opinion one way or the other toward hunting in general.

This group will stoop to the lowest levels to get their way. They go to local politicians and business such as hotels and threaten boycotts of them if they even allow us in town.
They have even found where members work and tell them if they don't fire them they will boycott them too. That is about a low as it gets IMO.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum