Texas Hunting Forum

Coyote trappers... got a ?

Posted By: hornet527

Coyote trappers... got a ? - 11/07/14 03:06 PM

what are some of your favorite coyote lures? used canine call 20 years ago put havent been after yotes in a while
Posted By: kyotee1

Re: Coyote trappers... got a ? - 11/07/14 11:21 PM

Mast #5 or #6

Canine call is good, but it always helps to have some variety to choose from especially on those who have been trapped before and missed.
Posted By: tuffbroadhead

Re: Coyote trappers... got a ? - 11/08/14 12:06 AM

Depends on what time of year..

Cavens violator 7
Cavens Gusto
Are both pretty loud and work well in bad or cold weather..

Fox Hollow coyote gland lure works well late season..

But simplicity is hard to beat with a urine post set up on a well traveled path with good sign.

Posted By: Txcatman1

Re: Coyote trappers... got a ? - 11/08/14 04:10 AM

Your gonna get a different reply from every person with that question. So in theory they all work, so focus more on location and good trap bedding and all your equipment performing the way it should, and make a good set and you will do much better than relying on some hot shot lure. They all work
Posted By: DesertHunting

Re: Coyote trappers... got a ? - 11/08/14 05:21 AM

My wife's sausage balls. She also catches me all the time with them.

Originally Posted By: Txcatman1
Your gonna get a different reply from every person with that question. So in theory they all work, so focus more on location and good trap bedding and all your equipment performing the way it should, and make a good set and you will do much better than relying on some hot shot lure. They all work

This^^^

Also, when all else fails get back to the basics...urine and turds on sign. This is just my theory and experience - urine late winter into spring, calls & lures spring through fall, meat based through winter.
Posted By: tuffbroadhead

Re: Coyote trappers... got a ? - 11/08/14 12:42 PM

Originally Posted By: DesertHunting
My wife's sausage balls. She also catches me all the time with them.

Originally Posted By: Txcatman1

This^^^

Also, when all else fails get back to the basics...urine and turds on sign. This is just my theory and experience - urine late winter into spring, calls & lures spring through fall, meat based through winter.

Both are very sound advice....
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum