Texas Hunting Forum

Last couple weekends

Posted By: DirtNapTET

Last couple weekends - 10/07/14 02:31 PM

Have been working on the transistion from Hog hunting to deer hunting, but with the heat keeping the deer movement to a minimum, it's been tough...

Spotted this coyote chasing grass hoppers to the north of my feeder saturday afternoon of opening weekend. He was right on the edge of being down wind so I figured he would spook eventually and move off. Guess the grasshoppers were too tempting. Soon as he got within about 30 yds, he turned away, allowing me to draw, and I dropped him right where he stood. Stuck him above the should blades, but the arrow zippered up and buried in right at the base of his skull.

Stayed up hunting pigs a little too late last saturday night so ended up sleeping in and just going after pigs sunday morning. Ended up stumbling across this gnarley dude.

Posted By: Bar-D

Re: Last couple weekends - 10/07/14 08:01 PM

up
Posted By: Byronstuff

Re: Last couple weekends - 10/17/14 04:44 PM

Nice shot... is that arrow in the back of it's skull?
Posted By: DirtNapTET

Re: Last couple weekends - 10/17/14 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Byronstuff
Nice shot... is that arrow in the back of it's skull?

Yes sir, he turned facing away from me so I put the pin right between his shoulder blades. I was using schwacker mechanicals, and I guess one blade caught, zippered up the spine and stuck in right at the base of his skull.

First bow kill on a yote, so I was pretty pumped!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum