Texas Hunting Forum

My Custom AR15 6PDK

Posted By: AP2020

My Custom AR15 6PDK - 08/08/14 05:05 AM

My Custom AR15 6PDK [6mmX6.8SPC]

Barnes Bullets 85 gr. TSX BT @2,950 fps

bringing this rifle for the night hunts + my new CVA 45-70 Gov't for the day hunts this Labor Day Weekend

Switch to 1080p for HD and go full screen

Posted By: Bar-D

Re: My Custom AR15 6PDK - 08/08/14 11:56 AM

up
Posted By: HuntTXhogs

Re: My Custom AR15 6PDK - 08/08/14 01:32 PM

Very well done presentation, I have been watching your videos for sometime and you give thoughtful insight to the important aspects. (guess I should subscribe huh?) up

Your gun LOOKS heavy in the beginning of your video however I recognize enough components on it from a build I am currently 85% complete with that I can guess that the weight is pretty manageable for a majority of hunting scenarios.

With the wildcat round you've selected and the weight distribution on the gun you will probably realize a direct benefit to maintaining a sight picture for quick followup shots on the running sounders.

I partially expected a petal to be ripped away on the Barnes 85gr TTSX when you did the expansion test based on the velocity at the muzzle but those engineers at Barnes know what they are doing and it is a true testament to the bullet design and composition.

Have fun, stick around here and keep the videos rolling.

I take it you are going to put a FLIR RS Thermosight on top of the 6PDK for the labor day hunt? If so can you do a few killshots on lone boars/sows with the scope at 2x zoom, pretty please banana
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: My Custom AR15 6PDK - 08/08/14 01:51 PM

Excellent production! Interesting topic! Imma subscribe on youtube... up

cheers
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: My Custom AR15 6PDK - 08/13/14 04:13 PM

welcome ta THF, slinger like pappy always says: they call me the creeper don't know chit bout bull-istics so I creep's up on em an yell BANG it scars the chit out a em. got video upon request. gives the hogs a running start then just follow the trail. Creepy huh. back havent had chance ta see one of your videos, see some good reviews on this post. i use .223 with scope over for gathering light, laser under for hog hunts at night. it limits to close shot, make sure of target, day time on WMA same have had good luck with .55gr fmj night have switched ta .55 gr hps again close range. .55gr ups will do the job. best wishes looking forward ta seeing your videos flag
Posted By: AP2020

Re: My Custom AR15 6PDK [6mmX6.8SPC] - 08/14/14 06:24 AM

Originally Posted By: HuntTXhogs
Very well done presentation, I have been watching your videos for sometime and you give thoughtful insight to the important aspects. (guess I should subscribe huh?) up

Your gun LOOKS heavy in the beginning of your video however I recognize enough components on it from a build I am currently 85% complete with that I can guess that the weight is pretty manageable for a majority of hunting scenarios.

With the wildcat round you've selected and the weight distribution on the gun you will probably realize a direct benefit to maintaining a sight picture for quick followup shots on the running sounders.

I partially expected a petal to be ripped away on the Barnes 85gr TTSX when you did the expansion test based on the velocity at the muzzle but those engineers at Barnes know what they are doing and it is a true testament to the bullet design and composition.

Have fun, stick around here and keep the videos rolling.

I take it you are going to put a FLIR RS Thermosight on top of the 6PDK for the labor day hunt? If so can you do a few killshots on lone boars/sows with the scope at 2x zoom, pretty please banana

I did try 2X on the FLIR RS64 [35mm], I was not happy with the ensuing resolution..maybe its just me...IDK, but all of the hogs have been killed on 1X with ranges from 30 yards out to maybe 80 yards. If I get a close in shot..I'll try to remember to switch it to 2X..cool!

I am getting 2,925 fps for that Barnes 6mm/.243 85 gr. TSX Bullet, WIN748 Powder
20" Krieger 1:7.5 RH Twist
Posted By: HuntTXhogs

Re: My Custom AR15 6PDK [6mmX6.8SPC] - 08/14/14 02:48 PM

Thanks AP, either way give'em heck on the Labor Day hunt and I look forward to the resulting video.

HTXH
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum