Texas Hunting Forum

World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions

Posted By: World Predator Hog Expo

World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions - 04/28/14 04:21 PM

Hi Expo Supporters!
Scurry Outdoors South is looking for suggestions for the 2015 World Predator & Wild Hog Expo, Waco Convention Center has been very accommodating with all the crazy things that we have thrown at them. I have researched the DFW area and most facilities do not allow.

Live skinning demonstrations
Alligators on the show floor
Gun/Ammo Sales
Air gun shooting inside their facility
Free parking
etc.. etc..

Any reasonable suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks Ken

[img:left][/img]
Posted By: Believer

Re: World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions - 04/28/14 09:46 PM

Ken,

Have you checked with Belton Expo Center?
301 W Loop 121, Belton, TX 76513

(254) 933-5353

I am thinking we could get a multi county hog hunting incorporated into the show as well. There are also some county fairgrounds and convention centers that might fit the bill as well. Coryell county being one.

Dave
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions - 04/29/14 01:11 AM

Fairgrounds, especially with multi-use facilities might be perfect choices. They would be a lot less concerned about butchering issues because they run livestock through the facilities already during the fairs. Excellent suggestion, Believer!
Posted By: Revoman

Re: World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions - 04/29/14 02:50 AM

Taylor Co Expo Center, Abilene. It is right next to the air port and several large motels are relative close. Big plus very central to varmint/hog hunting and just off of I-20
Posted By: Kbar Ag Service

Re: World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions - 04/29/14 03:40 AM

I had every intention of going this year to Waco.
The traffic on 35, the hours just getting to 35, etc.... For us from the South, thats 3 or 4 people driving at least 4 or 5 / one way, hotel, meals, drinks, etc..... Its a pita and it cost alot of money.

You may want to look at this facility and see if you can incorporate something with their existing seminar. I will also say that this facility is TOP NOTCH and I have seen several things that are very similar to what you want to be able to display.

Hope this helps. We will probably have some type of booth next year at it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=edna+tex...3&ie=UTF-8#

BK
Posted By: World Predator Hog Expo

Re: World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions - 04/29/14 03:33 PM

Thanks guys. I will def check into all of them.

Ken
Posted By: SBK

Re: World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions - 05/01/14 01:08 PM

Embassy suites in San Marcos.They have several nice size halls and meeting rooms.My company has our annual trade show there with over 100 exhibitors.The hotel is also very nice and very hospitable.Plus it's right off of I-35.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions - 05/01/14 05:56 PM

Out of all them people Only 2 are smiling, Was that picture taken in Waco?
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions - 05/02/14 01:12 PM

My thought is that if you want to grow the expo you need the demographics to support it. That means one of the larger metro areas. You may not be able to get one of the facilities right in the city, but I would imagine there are a good many in the metro areas that would accept what you want to do. That would be good enough to draw the demographics you need and want. The largest metro area in the state is D/FW. I would revisit that.
Posted By: dogdown23

Re: World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions - 05/02/14 04:09 PM

Keep it in waco, if you dont like the convention center try the extraco event center. Add a predator contest maybe a seperate hog hunting contest with nice prizes from sponsors and youll draw a bigger crowd. More folks that actually hunt and buy the products your vendors are trying to sell will show up. Or move it to the metroplex and have a bunch of tree hugging yuppies show up that dont hunt or use the products. Try more advertising. I live not to far from waco and never saw any advertising. I heard one radio ad the week of the event. You'd be amazed at how many people in and around waco had no idea the expo was going on.

Re: World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions - 05/02/14 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: dogdown23
Or move it to the metroplex and have a bunch of tree hugging yuppies show up that dont hunt or use the products.

A seriously uneducated statement....
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions - 05/02/14 07:49 PM

Mesquite Rodeo Arena ??
Posted By: nehntr

Re: World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions - 05/02/14 09:52 PM

Dripping springs Texas event center. They moved the saxet gun show out there after problems with Austin. They have everything, rodeo arena covered and out of the sun. Outdoor setting while indoors. A/c area also. I think it would be a great location. They even had the hays county livestock show and fair there this year.

Re: World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions - 05/02/14 10:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranch Dawg
Mesquite Rodeo Arena ??

There's an idea and places like Cleburne have event centers that might work also. Might try Denton or Weatherford...
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions - 05/02/14 11:04 PM

Quote:
Or move it to the metroplex and have a bunch of tree hugging yuppies show up that dont hunt or use the products.

Quote:
A seriously uneducated statement....

There are probably more hunters in the DFW MSA than there are people is the Waco MSA, LOL.
Posted By: guess

Re: World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions - 05/03/14 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: dfwroadkill
My thought is that if you want to grow the expo you need the demographics to support it. That means one of the larger metro areas. You may not be able to get one of the facilities right in the city, but I would imagine there are a good many in the metro areas that would accept what you want to do. That would be good enough to draw the demographics you need and want. The largest metro area in the state is D/FW. I would revisit that.

This statement seems to be reoccurring with some frequency from vendors and attendees.

Re: World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions - 05/03/14 04:50 PM

Quote:
There are probably more hunters in the DFW MSA than there are people is the Waco MSA, LOL.

exactly!

Re: World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions - 05/03/14 04:52 PM

leaning more towards Fort Worth, myself. Lil more redneck and accustomed to hunting oriented show. Dallas area may generate a few more SCI type people that are mainly interest in African safaris....just dunno.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions - 05/03/14 05:33 PM

I'd say leave it in Waco, advertise more, and move it to the fairgrounds. They have the large indoor arena as well as exhibition halls. Or, the new Baylor stadium, I'm sure they'd love that. LOL I live in Waco and if I wasn't on THF I would have never known about it for the past two years.

Re: World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions - 05/03/14 06:12 PM

I did quite a bit of running around while in Waco. AS I did I saw many wearing camo and asked if they were attending the show. NONE of them knew about it, I saw a few attend. I'm not sure the best way to advertise where people will know. I do the best I can to help on Facebook and the forums, but it's just not enough.

It's a double edged sword for the guy putting on the show. You have to get the attendance up to get the vendors. You've got to have more vendors to get attendance up.

Th fact is, these things need your/our support. If we want better vendors and more to see we have to attend and make suggestions.

As it stand right now the vendors and owners are spending all the money for little or no return. The show can not survive like this. Just my .02
Posted By: Texaslawman

Re: World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions - 05/03/14 06:38 PM

Dallas or Fort Worth would be better just look at the numbers that hit the gun shows there you cant find a parking spot.
Posted By: Jhop

Re: World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions - 05/03/14 06:42 PM

I'm sure radio commercials would help. I don't live in a big town and if it wasn't for internet boards like this I would have never heard about it. Maybe even adds on internet boards as well. Not just hunting boards either. Fishing, boating, Gun etc... Just about any type of outdoor activity board would help.
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions - 05/03/14 07:43 PM

There is a hotel at the Mesquite Rodeo Arena, you may be able to get discounts on rooms for people attending and members of the THF ? Just a thought.
Posted By: DoubleHHogHunts

Re: World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions - 05/08/14 12:59 AM

I am all about the DFW area! Find a large National Guard armory, they may do rentals!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions - 05/09/14 03:00 AM

There was major lack of promotion and advertising of the event this year.
Posted By: Rdhoggers

Re: World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions - 08/29/14 02:19 AM

The extraco center is a great idea. There are several options for buildings to use and the arena itself is a great spot
Posted By: Rdhoggers

Re: World Predator & Wild Hog Expo 2015 Location Suggestions - 08/29/14 02:24 AM

Also I can possibly get access to an expo center in Altus, OK. Lookin for feedback on how many people would be interested in a baydog swap/bay comp and predator calling expo. You can find me on Facebook at red dirt hoggers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum