Texas Hunting Forum

pig pipe

Posted By: bholland

pig pipe - 03/13/13 01:35 PM

What is the best corn "concoction" to use in a pig pipe. I used soured corn in mine and it seems to stick to the sides. Did I miss a step in the process or is that normal? What is the best recipe you have found for pig pipes?
Posted By: GriffGruff78

Re: pig pipe - 03/13/13 01:50 PM

I always kept my pig pipe full of dry corn - less maintenance that way.
Posted By: TxYoteHunter

Re: pig pipe - 03/13/13 02:15 PM

x2 on the dry corn. That's all I've ever had in mine.
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: pig pipe - 03/13/13 02:30 PM

Dry corn - but barrels last longer than pipes. put a few small rocks in them bigger than the holes. The sound makes the pig think there is still some corn in it...

Re: pig pipe - 03/13/13 03:15 PM

with the dry corn have you had problems with the coons eating the corn?
Posted By: DavidK

Re: pig pipe - 03/13/13 03:32 PM

use plain ole corn, if you want the pigs to find it, put something outside of the pipe, once they find it, nothing else is needed

Posted By: GriffGruff78

Re: pig pipe - 03/13/13 04:09 PM

My theory is that a raccoon can't efficiently get corn out of a 4" diameter smooth pipe that's 5' long and weighs 30 lbs. full. They'll get some, but it's just a lot more work for them than it is for a pig.
Posted By: aeb

Re: pig pipe - 03/13/13 04:36 PM

Dry corn is all you need.

Re: pig pipe - 03/13/13 09:49 PM

Thanks for the input. I'm heading out to check to game cam now and will use dry corn in the pipe. Thanks again.
Posted By: Oxxon

Re: pig pipe - 03/13/13 09:52 PM

Dry corn up
Posted By: Bearclaw

Re: pig pipe - 03/13/13 10:17 PM

Has anyone tried to hang a pig pipe? any luck? I was thinking if it was hanging it would be much easier to put a cow bell on one to alert when there was a pig at it.
Posted By: Briar Rabbit

Re: pig pipe - 03/13/13 11:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Bearclaw
Has anyone tried to hang a pig pipe? any luck? I was thinking if it was hanging it would be much easier to put a cow bell on one to alert when there was a pig at it.
I think hanging it from the tree with the bell is BRILLIANT! ! ! ! Let us know how it works out . rock_on
Posted By: SwampHunterFw

Re: pig pipe - 03/14/13 02:17 AM

Y'all have problem with cows rolling them ? I think cows are getting most of my corn I'm gonna put cam on it to see
Posted By: Believer

Re: pig pipe - 03/14/13 03:21 AM

You can hear pigs hitting the pipe from a long was off, they are not quiet about it at all. Now the bell might just attract others to investigate who is ringing the dinner bell......
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum