Texas Hunting Forum

Huntsville Hog Hunting

Posted By: Captain Norm

Huntsville Hog Hunting - 03/11/13 08:50 AM

This may be poor ediquite but here goes (Lord forgive me and be with the pygmy hog hunters in Texas). I'm looking into do a hog hunt in the begining of May around Huntsville. I hunt a lot in my home state of Washington but unfortunatly/fortunatly we do not have any hog hunting up this way. It's something I've always wanted to do and I'm REALLY looking forward to it. On the advice of an Academy employee, I looked up a hunt off Craigslist that offered $150 for a night hunt. Now, I got no experience hiring a guide since I've always hunted around home, so here's my question. Is this the sort of thing where I'm getting suckered into spending $150 with no real chance of killing pigs? Or are the odds pretty good of getting some trigger time? I'm not asking for any gaurantees, just wondering if I'm barking up the wrong tree. I've made some good friends and contacts on Bloodydecks fishing forum up here so I humbly beg for advice from this forum. Thanks in advance for any help you might have for me.
Posted By: splash556

Re: Huntsville Hog Hunting - 03/11/13 01:28 PM

Definitely plenty of hogs around the area. As for your hunting situation using the craigslist add, if you posted up more info as to who/where you might get feedback from someone in the area's who has used them. Another option is to ask for references on here. I personally have stayed away from craigslist adds. Just hard to tell what you're getting without recommendations.

Good luck, have fun, and post up some pictures of the hunt and barbecue!

Oh and Welcome to the Forum!
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Huntsville Hog Hunting - 03/11/13 01:44 PM

Whats their names? Or what do they call there outfitting? You can PM me it if you dnt want to put it up...if I dont know them I can dig up some info on them... Lots of hogs in the area so that wont be a problem. $150 is a good price....
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Huntsville Hog Hunting - 03/11/13 01:45 PM

You should ask to bring the hog out alive.... grabbin the back legs of a 200+lb boar will get your heart going more than any triger
Posted By: wigglyworm

Re: Huntsville Hog Hunting - 03/11/13 01:55 PM

Post their info here, someone will know about them and offer free advice !!
Posted By: Captain Norm

Re: Huntsville Hog Hunting - 03/16/13 10:31 AM

I'm going hunting with Robert Marze. He's off Flynt Rd. Says there's plenty of hogs out there and he'll help us clean the meat so it's easier to pack home too. He sounds like a heck of a nice guy. Anybody ever hunted with him?
Posted By: DUCKHUNTR35

Re: Huntsville Hog Hunting - 03/17/13 12:50 AM

You fishing while you are in Huntsville Capt. Norm ?
Posted By: Motime

Re: Huntsville Hog Hunting - 03/18/13 12:04 AM

How about roger browning hunts off craigslist out of the wichita falls area?
Posted By: catahoula

Re: Huntsville Hog Hunting - 03/20/13 01:41 AM

If you don't have any luck PM me I'm about 30 miles east of Huntsville and ill get you on some hogs. No guns just dogs you'll have a way better time then sitting in a blind.
Posted By: familyman1

Re: Huntsville Hog Hunting - 03/24/13 05:58 AM

I hunt 3 days in roger b property and didn't see any hogs, a lots of tracks but no pigs
Posted By: Motime

Re: Huntsville Hog Hunting - 03/26/13 03:13 AM

I went to roger brownings hunted 2 nights saw nothing
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Huntsville Hog Hunting - 03/27/13 03:11 AM

When I go on hunts like you are describing with few if any references. I always ask to come out early in the day to check the area out. I am looking for hog signs and trying to get a feel from the landowner what information they have. I have never left, but would if the area did not look good.
Posted By: KMX

Re: Huntsville Hog Hunting - 03/27/13 01:43 PM

I posted on CL hunt for hogs add, and I included a picture of Ron Paul someone contacted me and let hunt the whole weekend free
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum