Texas Hunting Forum

still looking for hogs on fort hood tx

Posted By: dylanpelt99

still looking for hogs on fort hood tx - 02/24/13 12:50 AM

still looking for the hogs yes I am been ground feeding with corn and hog grain tighter and even fruits al down the cowhouse and back up
Posted By: iehooligan11b

Re: still looking for hogs on fort hood tx - 03/09/13 05:58 PM

goodluck man. Ive always wondered about the hunting out there. I always see stands and feeders and stuff out in the training areas.
Posted By: sgtpatt

Re: still looking for hogs on fort hood tx - 03/09/13 08:45 PM

The problem with hunting on Hood is you are limited to what weapons you are allowed to use. Your only able to use muzzle loaders, shotguns, or archery equipment. No centerfire, or rimfire weapons are allowed.
If you happen to find any though give me a shout and I'll be more than willing to come sling some arrows at them....

Re: still looking for hogs on fort hood tx - 03/10/13 04:31 AM

I just use buckshot and slugs but I haven't seen any but I heard some other night near owl creek mountains

Re: still looking for hogs on fort hood tx - 03/10/13 04:32 AM

put out a feeder and a game cam hope see something on that cam next weekend
Posted By: fonzo

Re: still looking for hogs on fort hood tx - 03/10/13 01:18 PM

i tried for about a month and a half until i was told that there really aren't that many left on hood due to them being trapped and sold, and that it'd be pretty amazing if you saw one. met other hunters that had the same luck as i had and had been searching for hogs a bit longer than i had. the people at the sportsmen center will always tell you there's tons of hogs and they're everywhere and to just go down by the lake or water. i did and had no luck and saw no sign of hogs either. good luck though, if you do find any post up so maybe we could all figure this thing out
Posted By: Believer

Re: still looking for hogs on fort hood tx - 03/10/13 01:45 PM

I can tell you there are a lot of hogs at hood..... I have personally butchered 50 from the place. The have been scarce of late only because they have moved off for a time. The are coming back now... The base trappers have started catching them again...

The post wildlife biologist is a personal friend of mine and if anyone know the hogs there he does... be patient and learn how and when to hunt them and success will come.

Re: still looking for hogs on fort hood tx - 03/10/13 03:21 PM

ive been trying for 2 months but I did hear one squeal other night for first time
Posted By: ernamal

Re: still looking for hogs on fort hood tx - 03/10/13 03:23 PM

i went out there yesterday and saw some tracks

Re: still looking for hogs on fort hood tx - 03/11/13 03:54 AM

youd think there easy find as I find deer and rabbits without even trying and hogs just tricky
Posted By: N.La.Beagler

Re: still looking for hogs on fort hood tx - 03/11/13 04:09 AM

They are pretty nomadic around here, I think. A while back,there was an article in the Cove paper about them being a nusaince out toward Pidcote and out towards Gatesville. If they are on post, I'd guess they are out towards Gateville road.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum