Texas Hunting Forum

New Calling Convert Today!

Posted By: Bob in TX

New Calling Convert Today! - 02/06/13 01:29 AM

My friend and barber Justin called me up today and said he and his dad were having trouble with coyotes on their ranch outside Bigfoot, Texas, not far from Devine.

I told Justin I would pick him up after work and we could drive out and do some scouting. I put my Double Trouble and Posse AR in the truck as a matter of habit.

After driving around for an hour or so to get a feel for the ranch, I told Justin we might as well do one stand before dark. Both of us were in street clothes. I set up the caller about 75 yards out cross wind to us. We sat in the tree line. After 10 minutes, I caught motion to my left, and saw a coyote coming in. I lip squeaked to Justin so he could see it. It went from a walk to a trot to a slow run as it neared the caller and decoy. It got to with 10 yards of the decoy and did an immediate 180 and started to head out, all in one smooth motion. I barked him to a stop and shot him. This was the first coyote Justin has ever seen called in. He is totally hooked now!!

This coyote had a lot of black in him.

Bob

Posted By: Jhop

Re: New Calling Convert Today! - 02/06/13 01:57 AM

Thats a good yote!
Posted By: Hilonesome

Re: New Calling Convert Today! - 02/06/13 04:46 AM

Pretty Dog!
Posted By: IHateFeralPigs

Re: New Calling Convert Today! - 02/06/13 06:56 AM

Bob.....it looks like you have just made another addict to the joys of calling coyotes in daytime up
Posted By: predator patrol

Re: New Calling Convert Today! - 02/07/13 12:24 AM

Just proof that you don't have to have camo, just smarts about playing the wind!
Posted By: RMattD

Re: New Calling Convert Today! - 02/07/13 12:55 AM

Bob, thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Jug Head

Re: New Calling Convert Today! - 02/21/13 01:00 AM

Nice coyote!
Posted By: roxie

Re: New Calling Convert Today! - 02/21/13 02:45 PM

That's fanastic! I'd be in the field this morning if it weren't storming. But that's ok, I'll take the rain--we need it!!
Posted By: crstfr

Re: New Calling Convert Today! - 02/21/13 04:15 PM

beautiful pelt...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum