Texas Hunting Forum

interlopers

Posted By: mow

interlopers - 12/10/12 12:54 AM

Shot a sow the nite before..left a gutpile for morning hunt..at first light this is what i saw..had 5 doe come in and skedaddled after spotting gutpile..
Posted By: jdw

Re: interlopers - 12/10/12 01:22 AM

You sure it wasnt you they smelt?
Posted By: ishootspoonies

Re: interlopers - 12/10/12 02:45 AM

deer dont care about gut piles. they are usually the first animal to a pile

Re: interlopers - 12/10/12 12:01 PM

No..not in this case..these does specifqcally stared at the gutpile..these are the same deer that come in every morning..you could tell they were very antsy.it was 70 yards away with the wind in my face..no it was the gutpile that scared them
Posted By: postoak

Re: interlopers - 12/10/12 12:39 PM

What are we supposed to take note of in that photo -- the vultures? Maybe the vultures scared them.
Posted By: cmc

Re: interlopers - 12/10/12 01:32 PM

Neve seen or heard of a gut pile scaring deer. Old timers would gut deer and hunt the pile the next day. I set my camera on my gut piles and there will always be a deer check it out the first night.
Posted By: dawaba

Re: interlopers - 12/10/12 01:37 PM

DEER gut piles don't usually scare deer. Perhaps a HOG gut pile and the lingering hog scent was what scared the does off.

Or maybe they spooked over something unrelated to the gut pile.

Re: interlopers - 12/10/12 05:11 PM

Whats this debate?..it was a hog gut pile they were leery of..im one of those "old timers" if ive learned anything over the years is this..in hunting..nothing is or is absolute..geeaze guys..it was dawn and the buzzards were waiting to swoop down..in which they did about ten minutes...just thought it was a cool pix..didnt mean to start a depate..geeze louise
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: interlopers - 12/11/12 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By: mow
Whats this debate?..it was a hog gut pile they were leery of..im one of those "old timers" if ive learned anything over the years is this..in hunting..nothing is or is absolute..geeaze guys..it was dawn and the buzzards were waiting to swoop down..in which they did about ten minutes...just thought it was a cool pix..didnt mean to start a depate..geeze louise
coolpics
Posted By: murphy35000

Re: interlopers - 12/12/12 02:27 PM

cool picture
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum