Texas Hunting Forum

Need a little advice for getting them in

Posted By: fivehourhunter

Need a little advice for getting them in - 09/14/04 02:52 PM

I am going up to the Ranch this weekend and would like a reciepe that I can mix up to get the hogs to come in to where I can blast um...ANY SUGGESTIONS

5hour

Posted By: mwd

Re: Need a little advice for getting them in - 09/14/04 03:36 PM

Ive read that you can get them used to coming to corn then put a bunch of corn in a 3-4 ft deep post hole before sitting up for them to come back. THe hog will have its head in the hole while you line up on it. Besides a deer feeder Ive seen people use capped PVC pipe with holes drilled in it to leak corn as the animal rolls it around. It usually tied to a tree.

I heard that raspberry coolaid (unsweetened) mixe with corn or whatever does the same as the commercially made "hogwild". Anyone have experience with thins?

Posted By: Longtine

Re: Need a little advice for getting them in - 09/14/04 03:47 PM

You can lure them in with just about anything. The trick is being there when they come in. A feeder works great to set it just before dark and they generally will come in shortly after. All the ways that mwd mentioned work also.

Posted By: AAJ

Re: Need a little advice for getting them in - 09/14/04 04:16 PM

Look at this post. I posted how to make "pig punch".Scroll down a few post till you see it.
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1003&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum