Texas Hunting Forum

Flashlight comparison !!

Posted By: jaredw38

Flashlight comparison !! - 02/18/12 04:02 PM

Thought I would share this for those that might be interested in the difference in the XLR 250 Kill light and the UltraFire C8 from Gadgettown.com. The XLR on the left and the UltraFire on the right in both pictures.

Posted By: HuskerB

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/18/12 04:09 PM

Which XLR did you compare it to?

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/18/12 04:24 PM

Ill edit sorry. The 250.

Posted By: jojo1

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/18/12 04:44 PM

But does it come in green ???

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/18/12 05:13 PM

no sir its just white. I did take out the green bulb from the xlr package and it will work in the ultrafire.

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/18/12 05:13 PM

for those guys that already have an xlr this would be a great backup light for $16.

Posted By: Wolfebyte

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/18/12 08:26 PM

ok, but if I don't have an XLR to remove the green LED from, what size or replacement would it be?

Posted By: MGS82

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/18/12 10:36 PM

Just ordered one of these!

Posted By: Patriot_RAM

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/18/12 11:33 PM

I picked up one of these Smith & Wesson lights a while back and love it. It's pretty dang bright, really durable, and a great buy. The two AA batteries last quite a while considering how bright it is.

Product Link: Amazon S&W LED Light

I wrote a review about it if you're interested in reading it:
Link to my Blog Review

Posted By: bowassin

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/19/12 12:37 AM

Can u get a green led bulb?... And where

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/19/12 01:13 AM

Not sure about getting a green bulb. Im sure you can somewhere. The measurements are 1 inch wide and 5/8 inch depth. You will have to convert that into metric im sure.

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/19/12 01:25 AM

MGS82 your going to love this light.

Posted By: add147

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/19/12 02:47 AM

Shoot I think I will order one. I assume you are talking about the 5W one.

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/19/12 03:00 AM

Yes sir the 5w. UltraFire C8 5W 400 - 600 Lumens CREE Q5 5 Mode LED. It is also free shipping. It took mine about 7 days to get it.

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/19/12 03:46 AM

I saw in the thread where some were talking about a green bulb. Any luck on locating one for this particular light?

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/19/12 03:55 AM

Ive been searching but no luck.

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/20/12 05:32 AM

Jared mentioned the bulb from the xlr250 fits... I emailed elusive to see if I can get a green and red replacement bulb to put in the ultrafire

Posted By: Wolfebyte

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/20/12 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: sav7mag
Jared mentioned the bulb from the xlr250 fits... I emailed elusive to see if I can get a green and red replacement bulb to put in the ultrafire

I'd be interested in knowing what they say. I did a search on their page, but didn't see where they sold replacement LED bulbs.

Posted By: Cracky

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/20/12 02:33 PM

How long does it last with 1 battery.
How does it hold up to outside temperature?
Will it stand a drop from 3'?
Is it water proof or useable during fog, rain or damp weather?

lets us know, looks like a deal.

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/20/12 03:18 PM

I think I am going to pass on this particular light! I have tried to order it from their website and was not able to do so. I tried to contact their phone number and I got a recording of someone that could barely speak english plus the phone number had a Brooklyn, New York listing. Also I think it is going to be a be pain in the rear to get a replacement bulb.

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/20/12 04:14 PM

I recieved a email from elusive wildlife about replacement bulbs for xlr250 the bulbs are not available online.. You have to call green or red replacement bulbs $59 ea

Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/20/12 04:48 PM

Ummm... Just a thought. The 2nd picture shows the XLR to cover a smaller area. If you twist the front you can change the size. The upper picture seems to do the same thing, giving it the appearance of being less bright. The XLR is supposed to be 800 lumens. If this light is ~400 lumens, someone has some wires crossed somewhere...

Posted By: stxhunter

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/20/12 05:20 PM

I actually just made a purchase from a supplier on the red and green versions of the C8. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Posted By: passthru

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/21/12 12:38 AM

Should have gotten you a mini sniper or destroyer.
http://www.sniperhawglights.com/

Posted By: bowhunter77

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/21/12 04:20 AM

So stx hunter what do you think of the light how far will it shine

Posted By: HuntFish512

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/23/12 07:05 AM

Just ordered one will update when it comes in hope it works good enough to mount on my ar for late night hog tipping up

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/23/12 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By: bowhunter77
So stx hunter what do you think of the light how far will it shine

I'm getting around 200 yrds (max I could test last night). The green is definitely brighter, or at least easier to see.

Posted By: wall8053

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/23/12 07:14 PM

I have an XLR250 and just bought a Fenix TK35 (820 Lumens) very bright and great range with this light, downside is its white light. http://www.fenixlight.com/viewnproduct.asp?id=86

Posted By: pyledriver

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/24/12 07:03 PM

$59 for a replacement LED module? Your taking a dang good screwing right there... eek2

Posted By: bowhunter77

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/25/12 04:37 AM

I think I'll stick with my xlr 250 in green I'm pretty pleased with it

Posted By: Chris & Zale

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/27/12 03:35 AM

Ok Guys

My Cree UltraFire C8 light came today - it is very bright (white)
If there is another $15 LED flashlight that is brighter than it - I would love to see it

This light is very bright....

Now I still plan on getting a XLR 250 (green) to hunt with but for $15 dollars this light cannot be beat...

ChrisB
BlueWater Fishing Tactics
www.fishintech.com

Posted By: HuntFish512

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/28/12 04:03 AM

Ordered mine on 2/22/2012 is in route supposed to be here on or before the 5th lol will update when it comes in.

Posted By: Stonewall

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/28/12 03:42 PM

I just got my flashlight from China and it is awesome. Light, batteries and charger were $50 with shipping. My friend has an XLR100 and XLR250 and it is comparable to the 250. The drawback is that it has a 5 modes that you have to cycle through and it doesn't have a green LED like the XLR. The XLR mounting system is much better as well when compared to a velcro strap.
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-k...1-x-18650-57003
I am looking for a inexpensive scope mount to use instead and will go to a Guitar Center to find a green colored film to cover the lense and see it it works or melts. Ha.
-Stone

Posted By: WEBBYODER

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/28/12 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris & Zale
Ok Guys

My Cree UltraFire C8 light came today - it is very bright (white)
If there is another $15 LED flashlight that is brighter than it - I would love to see it

This light is very bright....

Now I still plan on getting a XLR 250 (green) to hunt with but for $15 dollars this light cannot be beat...

ChrisB
BlueWater Fishing Tactics
www.fishintech.com

I got mine last night and I agree. For $15, it can't be beat.

Posted By: Dink Dodger

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/28/12 06:07 PM

Try to find something like the film they use for production lighting, they are called gels. I tried a piece of red film left over from Valentines Day grin
It melted in very short order. Should have realized it is heat shrink film, but I can be pretty dense.

Posted By: Cory Lee

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 02/29/12 06:13 AM

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/494...holesalers.html

Green c8. Also available in red and white from same place.

This is from the same manufacturer as the kill light. Brinyte makes both.

Kill light is the Brinyte UF900. Their website gives the same specs for both.

Posted By: GarayOutdoors

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 03/01/12 08:28 AM

Love those lights, here is my success in one hunt with both the mini and destroyer

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 03/01/12 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Cory Lee

Good find there! The UF-900 is indeed sold by that company, but the manufacturer does not allow sales to other individuals in the US. The C8 from aliexpress is nice, but the green or red LED is not quite as bright as some of the others out there. There are also one mode C8's which do not require you to flip through all the settings to get your desired output.

Posted By: Cory Lee

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 03/04/12 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By: stxhunter
Originally Posted By: Cory Lee

Good find there! The UF-900 is indeed sold by that company, but the manufacturer does not allow sales to other individuals in the US. The C8 from aliexpress is nice, but the green or red LED is not quite as bright as some of the others out there. There are also one mode C8's which do not require you to flip through all the settings to get your desired output.

Can't comment on the other model c8's but this guy at aliexpress let me pick from 1, 3 or 5 mode and smooth or OP reflector. But I do know it is the r5 led that the kill light uses.

Posted By: MGS82

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 03/04/12 09:16 PM

Got mine in this week and man is this thing bright! Great find for $16!

Posted By: Critter Getter

Re: Flashlight comparison !! - 03/13/12 12:50 AM

Got my light today and found a scope mount laying around and it fit perfectly. I thought I might be unimpressed by this light but I was very pleased with it. It is definately bright! The light was $14.99 on ebay shipped. I think it is worth mentioning you will also have to buy batteries and charger. (2 batteries and double battery charger was $25)

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum