Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone Know anything about helicopter hog hunting ?

Posted By: To Legit To Quit

Anyone Know anything about helicopter hog hunting ? - 11/12/11 04:51 AM

If u know anything about helicopter hunting let me know I'm going to take my dad for fathers day next yr. Pm me about prices and so on.... ThaNks guys!

Posted By: big-tex

Re: Anyone Know anything about helicopter hog hunting ? - 11/12/11 06:41 AM

Over priced massacre. In my opinion people are seeking instant gratification for those that do not want to hone their hunting skills.

Take your dad to real hunt, him and his generation will appreciate it. Hunting ain't a video game!!!!!

Time with your dad should be enjoyable so take advantage and have as much of it as you can he will not be around forever.
Will 30 min of it with no way to talk be memorable?

Posted By: KillinSwede

Re: Anyone Know anything about helicopter hog hunting ? - 11/12/11 02:40 PM

Thirty minutes on a helicopter with my son shooting pigs would be memorable. Let's not get a purist attitude about hunting hogs. Deer hunters have the corner on that market.

Posted By: longone

Re: Anyone Know anything about helicopter hog hunting ? - 11/12/11 04:11 PM

Avg prices run about $600/hr per person. Most outfits use the small Robinson R22's. You will need to find an outfitter that fly Bells or Eurocopters for s side by side hellicopter hunt.

Posted By: DStroud

Re: Anyone Know anything about helicopter hog hunting ? - 11/12/11 08:48 PM

Catch'em in a trap then just drive up and shoot them with a .22 pistol .... its much cheaper and safer but just as sporting.
To answer the question I have heard the same 600.00 per hr after you pay to take a safety course which I have heard 350.00 and up for that.

Posted By: rckslve

Re: Anyone Know anything about helicopter hog hunting ? - 11/13/11 12:38 AM

i wish every county had helicopters dedicated to hog eradication. they are not game animals, they are pests, and cause untold damage

Posted By: Clay Reid

Re: Anyone Know anything about helicopter hog hunting ? - 11/13/11 01:36 AM

Sporting ??? LOL If were looking for sport go play football . These things cost me and other ranchers millions every year and its getting worse everyday .
It doesnt take much skill to pour out corn and sit in a stand a shoot a howitzer at a hog 50 yards away but I like it just the same .
Plus if youve ever tried to shoot a hog running 9-0 out of a copter zigin and zagin you would understand it takes a certain amount of skill to do that .
I can tell you this .....I AINT doing it again . LOL that s--t is crazy LOL
To each his own I suppose . Good luck with your endever .

Posted By: jerry hart

Re: Anyone Know anything about helicopter hog hunting ? - 11/13/11 04:32 PM

Yes it is expensive, and yes you better be a good shot, but we need any kind of help getting rid of them, there are way too many

Posted By: ss401

Re: Anyone Know anything about helicopter hog hunting ? - 11/13/11 05:22 PM

I admire the pilots.
If I had the money I would try it.
A dead feral hog is a good un.
Good Luck in your pursuit 'To Legit To Quit'

Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Anyone Know anything about helicopter hog hunting ? - 11/14/11 02:48 AM

Light the fires turn the rotors and shoot the little piggys. Work on the pest any way we can. rifle

Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Anyone Know anything about helicopter hog hunting ? - 11/14/11 04:13 AM

Anyone who has a problem shooting pigs from a chopper is BURNT!! If you are the type of person who makes a fuss about this you obviously don't live in our world & have a real understanding of what pigs cost a landowner & what they do to the land, their effect on other species, etc. Chopper down the road the other day took over 70 in a weekend...they didn't make a dent. This is a real problem folks, & that problem is growing all the time. I would love to have had the chance to take my dad on a chopper/hog hunt.

Posted By: Monkee

Re: Anyone Know anything about helicopter hog hunting ? - 11/14/11 04:32 AM

I have a buddy that owns his own chopper and is looking for clients. He usually prefers for you to provide the land to fly over. P.M. me your phone number and I will pass it along to him. OOOO BY THE WAY. You eont be flying in one of the bubble helos like was on the MASH show he flys a Jet Ranger with the back doors off. Most folks want to try and shoot a rifle from the air to kill pigs a shot gun with OO buckshot is alot easier. He can get you so close to the pigs when you shoot the mud flies back up and hits the chopper.

Posted By: texfork

Re: Anyone Know anything about helicopter hog hunting ? - 11/14/11 05:11 PM

Not trying to hijack the OP's thread but what is the deal with no keeping any hogs shot out of a copter ?

Posted By: Closed Traverse

Re: Anyone Know anything about helicopter hog hunting ? - 11/14/11 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By: texfork
Not trying to hijack the OP's thread but what is the deal with no keeping any hogs shot out of a copter ?

You want to clean 30 pigs??

me either.

Posted By: DoubleB20

Re: Anyone Know anything about helicopter hog hunting ? - 11/14/11 09:09 PM

Man! I'd love it if my kids bought me a helicopter hunt! His dad probably hunts the "real" way too, this would be a blast. Great idea for Father's Day!

Posted By: Black02z28

Re: Anyone Know anything about helicopter hog hunting ? - 11/14/11 11:33 PM

It's one of the most awesome things I've done

Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Anyone Know anything about helicopter hog hunting ? - 11/17/11 12:28 AM

I've personally never done it, but I want to really REALLY bad! I fly in choppers all the time, (work offshore alot), so that doesn't bother me at all. I'd love to also save up & take my in-laws from Nebraska on a chopper trip when they come down to visit. LOL, not shure if I could get my father-in-law in one of them or not. lol444

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum